Company: Tower International, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Provide leadership and financial and business analysis to the
finance team and support departments to achieve optimal levels of
safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and
external customer satisfaction. This colleague will be the
accounting lead for the plant on all financial issues, with an
emphasis on proactive engagement with the leadership team.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a senior level position, which represents the attainment of
specialized knowledge in breadth and depth. Understands advanced
concepts within professional discipline. Applies knowledge and
experience to complex situations. Recommends solutions to complex
issues. Performs independently and uses experience to guide
actions. Mentors less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in
performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic
goals along with identifying key measurable to support the
- Responsible for review and modification of internal control,
budgeting, forecasting, cost analysis and business practices and
processes to ensure operational integrity.
- Recommends systems process improvements and implements
- Leads projects and team assignments for general accounting and
financial analysis activities in the plant.
- Collects and analyzes plant, product and process results and
- Determines alternatives and prepares cost, income or other
projections for comparison.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end financial
statements/documents for approval.
- Responsible for preparation, review and maintenance of capital
expenditure requests (CERs).
- Responsible for Weekly Flash and Monthly Forecast reporting-offal
forecast, P&L account forecast.
- Provides information for customer pricing issues and may be
involved in customer meetings seeking resolution of the issues.
- Responsible for fixed asset and depreciated work.
- Financial responsibility for prototypes and work in process (WIP)
tooling, coordinate costs and billings with corporate and all
related month end journal entries.
- Responsible for new program financial support.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and weekly and monthly
- Responsible for accounts receivable review of past due issues,
approving memos of customer reductions, EDI issues and supports
Corporate A/R and Treasury in cash application.
- Backup to Controller for labor, scrap and MRO spending; cash in
advance approvals (CIA) and other approvals as necessary.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by Plant Manager,
Controller or Corporate.
- Responsible for training and coaching other finance
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and
Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, Pentastar, etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and
cost reduction goals.
- Direct and/or participate in root cause analysis and team problem
solving activities (ex. 8D reports, department meetings, etc.).
- Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety
procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the plant.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the
- Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate
policies, regulations and laws. Assists with the creation of
acceptable standards in Finance.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality
Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Controller. Interfaces on a frequent basis
with the Operations, Materials, Quality, Plant & Corporate Finance
Departments. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with Human
Resources, Information Technologies and Maintenance. May interface
with Customers and Suppliers.
- Provides direct leadership to the Accounting/Finance staff.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach management
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
- Bachelor''s Degree in Finance or Accounting, Master''s Degree
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in related financial,
operational or business analysis.
- Certified Public Account and/or Certified Management Accountant
- Strong understanding of financial systems, manufacturing systems,
general ledger, standardized cost accounting, along with budgeting
and forecasting is required.
- Hands on experience in audit procedures and processes, financial
reporting, accounting and variance analysis and continuous
improvements is also critical.
- Fluency with QAD (or similar integrated manufacturing
- Knowledge of Hyperion a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to mentor and teach effective problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interpret financial and performance data.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend,
lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Occasionally exposed
to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this
position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working
Keywords: Tower International, Inc., Bellevue , Finance Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!