Head of New Business Finance
Company: Chewy, Inc.
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Chewy is seeking a Finance Leader to stand up our New Business
Finance Team based in Seattle, WA. This is a core leadership
position on the Business Finance Team that will partner with our
New Business Development Executive Team to accelerate growth of new
and nascent businesses, create business plans for future growth
(including looking around corners), and interfacing with
operations, finance, marketing and merchandising to drive growth.
The role requires strong analytical and strategic finance skills in
addition to the ability to partner with and influence business
leadership to set strategy and establish near and long-term goals.
You will need to be a detail-oriented self-starter with experience
working in an ambiguous environment and preferably with experience
in launching and scaling a start-up and/or new business verticals
or lines. The ideal candidate will excel in rolling up your sleeves
to complete complex business analysis and operating at depth. - - -
You will evaluate new businesses, products and assortment expansion
to accelerate our ability to provide the best Pawrent's experience
and selection, while scaling the business, continuing our
innovation, and anticipating future customer needs. - Additionally,
you will work alongside cross functional business leaders to
influence new analyses, insights, and investment prioritization. -
This role will report to the Head of Business Finance for
Technology, Product, Customer Care, and New Verticals.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with the New Business Development leadership team to
develop business and finance plans, key input and output metrics,
and support the business in creating profitability analysis and
strategic analysis to support business launches.
- Hire and develop a high performing team as the business
- Develop and implement reporting and analytics capabilities for
- Oversee month-end close process, including reconciliation of
variances between trends, plans, and financial targets.
- Conduct complex ad-hoc analyses and scenario modeling to drive
decision-making and results to plan.
- Manage/track financial performance against KPI's, seasonal
financial plans, and annual budget.
- Identify and quantify risks or opportunities due to current
business environment and provide insights and recommendations to
mitigate risks or benefit from opportunities, financial and
- Lead weekly and monthly financial business reviews, including
reviewing results vs. plan, forecast for management meetings,
creating future output guidance to leadership, and establishing
plans with C-Suite to address disconnects between actuals and
- Lead special projects as needed to provide analytical and
decision support on new initiatives.
- Partner with various teams throughout the organization
(Technology, Customer Care, Product, Merchandising, Marketing and
Operations) to develop financial models and P&Ls.
- Drive continuous improvements in profitability, free cash flow
and operational efficiency.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and
commitment across multiple groups with competing
- Lead a team responsible for enhancing financial models (labor
models, monthly forecasting, NPV, ROI, Payback, etc.) on a monthly
basis to improve forecast accuracy and drive business results.
What You'll Need:
- MBA (from a top-tier program, preferred).
- 10+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years of Finance or Strategy Leadership in large and
innovative Technology or E-commerce organizations,
- 3+ years in a top-tier strategy consulting firm (BCG, Bain,
McKinsey), a plus.
- Experience in creating financial analysis, key performance
indicators, forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
- Results-oriented mentality, highly energetic, dynamic
individual with hands-on mentality.
- Entrepreneurial mindset - ability to operate and drive results
as a self-starter.
- Strong Communication skills - ability to distill and convey
complex information messages clearly and succinctly.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly
changing operating conditions while still delivering to
- Advanced analytical skills and the ability to drill down to the
details, while also seeing and understanding the big
- Demonstrated high degree of competency accessing and utilizing
analytical tools, advanced computer literacy.
- Passion for startups and entrepreneurial organizations,
including understanding of how to execute in those organizations as
- Industry experience in partnering within consumer/retail
organizations, a bonus.
- Experience leading and building high performing teams.
- Strong understanding of GAAP, financial statements, and
- Strong PowerPoint and data visualization skills (Excel,
PowerPoint, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to take ownership of projects and drive them through to
- Experience with Hyperion & Oracle, preferred.
- Position will require travel.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace
diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act
or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you
wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for
employment at Chewy, please contact . -
regarding information collected from job applicants and how we use
it, please click here: -).
Keywords: Chewy, Inc., Bellevue , Head of New Business Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!