Posted on: June 23, 2022
Formations is a Seattle-based startup reimagining financial
management for self-employed professionals. If you've ever run your
own business or know someone who has, then you know it's
challenging enough without the added pressure of having to become
an expert in taxes, accounting, and financial planning.
Instead of being rewarded for taking the entrepreneurial risk of
striking out on their own, the independent workforce in the U.S.
forgoes almost all the benefits afforded to full-time corporate
employees and gets hit with a self-employment tax to boot. That's
where we come in.Formations is developing the first comprehensive
product to automate business incorporation, expense tracking,
payroll, and benefit allocations. With our technology and team of
financial experts by their side, self-employed professionals will
have the playbook and tools needed to focus on growing their
business while saving thousands on annual taxes, achieving
financial well-being, and securing their futures through better
financial decision making.To better service our small business
customers, we are looking for tax professionals to be a part of our
quickly growing team! A Tax Consultant with Formations will be
looking to offer their skills by implementing tax strategies,
answering tax questions, sharing their knowledge and experience
with our team and our customers, and providing our small business
clients with exceptional care and quality experiences.
At Formations, we are focused on a holistic approach to manage
self-employed businesses and convert them from sole proprietorships
to S corporations to leverage the tax advantages of that type of
entity. We aim to be the solution for tax and accounting for the
small businesses who are woefully underserved in these areas.
- Customer facing position that utilizes tax and accounting
knowledge to answer internal and external questions with a goal of
providing quality customer experiences.
- Review and understand financial statements and tax
documentation and use the information to drive solutions for
- Work as part of a cross-functional department, partnering with
Customer Success Managers to help drive project completion
- Recognize, research, document and resolve tax issues
- Ability to coordinate and accomplish tasks with remote
professionals and team membersQualifications:
- You have 1-2 years of domestic tax experience or relevant
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and
- You are a strong team player that can step and provide support
- You have knowledge of accounting and tax theory and
- You are skilled with technology and working in a remote
- You are able to adapt in a quickly growing and changing company
with multiple priorities
Keywords: Formations, Bellevue , Junior Tax/Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!