Chief Financial Officer
Company: MN Custom Homes
Posted on: September 21, 2023
About MN Custom HomesFounded in 2011 by two Bellevue locals, we
have grown to become the preeminent Eastside luxury home builder
today. Since Day 1 we have been driven by innovation and obsessed
with setting our homes apart through their overall design and
functionality. We truly get a thrill doing what we love most:
building thoughtful homes that inspire community. Learn more about
us and see our work at: Why MN?We pride ourselves on our empowered
team environment and dedication to taking care of our people. We
believe in setting you up to succeed with clear career progression,
learning opportunities, and ownership of your role from the get-go.
Accountability is huge for us and we place a lot of trust in our
employees to do the right thing. We believe that a supportive and
inclusive culture yields happy people, and happy people are the
most successful at what they do.About This RoleThe Chief Financial
Officer will oversee MN Custom Homes financial health by managing
long term capital planning, risk management, accounting and
financial control as well as providing strategic guidance to
support the company's growth requirements. This role will entail a
blend of traditional CFO responsibilities and the need for a strong
entrepreneurial mindset to drive innovation.On a given day, your
work might include:The Chief Financial Officer will partner closely
with Company Owners, the Executive Director, Board of Directors,
and Senior Leadership team to set the strategic direction of the
- Develop, refine, and execute MN Custom Homes strategic
- Oversee tax and legal planning for current organization and
future business plans.
- Establish deep knowledge of industry trends, emerging
technologies, and competitive developments to identify potential
opportunities or threats.Operational Performance:
- Identify and coordinate annual/long-term organizational goals
to ensure financial stability.
- Responsible for long range capital planning and budget
- Manage risk including legal, insurance, governance, IT, and
- Develop scalable highly effective teams.
- Oversee the Controller in safeguarding assets, maintaining
internal controls, and systems.
- Manage tax and audit relationships with CPA firms.
- Reporting on management, KPIs, and analysis of company
- Oversee complex projects that require financial
- Represent the company to external stakeholders, including
clients, investors, partners, and industry associates.
- Serve as company spokesperson when needed, effectively
communicating the company's vision, values, and achievements.
- Primary contact with MN Custom Homes board of advisors while
collaborating with the CEO and Executive Director.Team Management
- Model and reinforce actions and behaviors consistent with the
company's values, mission, and culture.
- Oversee the Finance & Planning, Accounting, Strategy & Business
Process Management departments.
- Serve as a resource and mentor to department leaders.
- Develop and execute plans to meet team and organizational
- Participate in all employee lifecycle activities including but
not limited to interviewing, onboarding, training, mentoring,
conducting weekly 1:1s, disciplinary actions, hold regular
performance reviews, and offboarding.What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- CPA and/or advanced degree is preferred.
- 10+ years of extensive experience in progressive executive
leadership, preferably as an acting Chief Financial Officer.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing diverse teams,
fostering an inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Exceptional strategic thinking abilities and proficiency in
utilizing data-driven insights to identify/analyze/evaluate complex
business challenges leading to the development of effective
- Mastery of GAAP, financial reporting, systems, internal
controls, and process required.
- Strong proficiency in MSFT Office Suite, Advanced Excel
proficiency. Salesforce experience preferred.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to be furnished upon
hire absent an approved accommodation.Employee Benefits
- 100% covered employee premiums for medical and dental
- 100% employer-paid life insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with generous company match, no vesting schedule,and
access to professional financial advisors
- 20 days of PTO & 9 Holidays
- Free onsite parking
- New iPhone for your personal and business use
- Complimentary snacks & beveragesHours & Compensation This is a
full-time position paying $220,000 - $350,000 + discretionary
bonuses. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and
high end of the salary range for this position. Individual
placement within a salary range will vary based upon factors
including but not limited to candidate experience, knowledge,
individual, skills, and organizational performance.Don't meet every
single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of
color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every
single qualification. At MN Custom Homes we are dedicated to
building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you
are excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align
perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we
encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate
for this or other roles.MN Custom Homes is an equal opportunity
Keywords: MN Custom Homes, Bellevue , Chief Financial Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!