Product Owner - Marketing Technology
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Title: Product Owner - Marketing Technology Location: Bellevue,
WA, US, 98004 Company: ChemPoint Requisition ID: 23074 At
ChemPoint, the Product Owner of Marketing Technology manage a set
of software applications (products); including application, change
management, fluent understanding of the capabilities of their
assigned products and alignment of those capabilities for the full
benefit of the business. This role will act as a liaison between
the development team and Program Managers collaborating closely
with both groups to ensure a clear understanding of the features
needed in the product/applications. As a member of an internal
professional services team, this individual leads the delivery of
various services and value to our internal clients and when
required, to our external partners as well.
- Responsibilities include deep understanding of the vendor
roadmap (12+ months) for their assigned products and providing the
product vertical team and other business groups with guidance and
direction, presentation of investment strategy, and overall
adherence to governance processes.
- Focus on developing the vison for and manage a suite of
marketing technologies, Supervisory Responsibility:
- Direct supervision for 1 to 3 analysts depending on area of
- Manages contract resources as needed per vertical strategy
and/or project requirements.
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- services, and assets in alignment to business objectives.
- Solicits feedback and assists the program team framing ideas to
provide consistency within projects and enables optimal comparison
- Maintains a current state picture of your vertical of
responsibility including active, pending (prioritized), and
potential (not prioritized) projects/solutions enhancements that
anyone in the organization can view.
- Collaborates directly with business leaders on feature
development and strategies for reaching business objectives
- Communication - responsible for, but not limited to, weekly
project/program updates, monthly financial updates, analysis on
adoption, quarterly vertical updates with prioritization
assessments Product/Project Management
- Maintains a product/application version in the business no more
than one iteration behind what is currently available in the
- Ensures the lifecycle of the product(s) within vertical is
managed appropriately - including fluent understanding of its
capabilities, roadmap, and relationship to the businesses current,
short-term, and long-term objectives.
- Oversees process adherence and appropriate governance within
- Acts as front of escalation funnel and communicates issues as
- Responsible for vetting approach to all business design
- Incorporates feedback into process
- Manages capacity requirements Roles and Responsibilities within
- Collaborates with other Product Owners/IT
Managers/Designers/Program Managers/Analysts on roadmaps,
dependencies, deliverables, and resource planning
- Supports internal IT process maintenance, adherence, and
- Demonstrates cross functional leadership to all parts of
- Conducts backlog grooming and facilitation of prioritization
- Prepares backlog and writes user stories for technical
- Maintains a focus on improved connectivity to the business to
demonstrate value delivered
- Participates in user testing development and execution
Communicating with ChemPoint Leadership
- Reviews strategic objectives and helps frame tactical plans for
execution which includes timing, impact to business users, and
context to other initiatives
- Assists with facilitation of brainstorming related to process,
change management, and organizational makeup
- Provides recommendations for, and gains alignment on, priority
of technology initiatives
- Provides regular updates on progress of active projects and
communicates impact/adoption feedback on recent releases efforts
- Experience in digital marketing theory including SEO, SEM,
PLAs, personalization, CRO, localization, and content-based web
- Strong technical and business experience with (or equivalents)
Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Marketo, Dynamics CRM, and
various website analytics/testing tools .
- Methodically experimental in approach to problem solving and
- Proficiency with broad range of marketing processes including
various campaign mechanisms, marketing automation, and CRM
- Competency creating system development roadmaps and vision in
alignment to marketing business objectives.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills for developing
solutions and strategies for all areas of responsibility while
keeping a global company perspective of proposed process
- Able to lead by demonstrating desired behaviors (i.e., work
ethic, adaptability, creativity) and being accountable for
performance in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates capabilities across a broad skillset, including
change leadership, solution vision, relationship development, and
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills to build collaboration
among multi-functional Business teams including the ability to
manage conflict resolution with all levels of involved
- Promotes cooperation and remove obstacles to teamwork across
- Relates well to all levels of team members by establishing
open, candid, and trusting relationships through fair and
- Able to build teams whose members have complementary strengths
and thrive in a culture of stretching while readily adapting to
- Inspires team to continuously strive for high quality/quantity
performance with continuous improvements.
- Recognizes and promotes the full potential of others by
providing resources, coaching, experience, support.
- Problem-solving and negotiation ability
- Written and verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Bachelor's degree from a fully accredited four-year institution
or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in business-to-business service
organization, preferably as a Product Owner
- 4-5 years experience developing and implementing concepts,
products , and projects.
- 4-5 years experience in a Marketing and/or Marketing Technology
equivalent role. #LI-TW1 Univar Solutions/ChemPoint-- is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against
based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or
other protected classification.
Keywords: Univar, Bellevue , Product Owner - Marketing Technology, Advertising , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!