Big Data Principal Architect
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Defines IT architecture to ensure that the organization's IT
solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to
strategy. Implements and may lead activities that generally impact
multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly
other teams. Assigned highly-complex, strategic undertakings that
regularly require the application of independent judgment and
creativity. Receives work in short, mid- and long- term outcomes
and operates within the context of defined operating outcomes.
- Leads the creation of or creates design documents that ensure
consistency in development across the IT organization. Leads the
definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT
organization's software solutions are built within a consistent
- Leads the decision-making processes related to the selection of
software architecture solutions.
- Serves as a technical and business-savvy resource to software
engineering personnel on a wide range of software design
- Implements and improves core software infrastructure.
Participates in improving software development lifecycle, technical
operations and technology innovation.
- Develops technical / business approaches and new or enhanced
- Shares highly-complex information related to areas of expertise
and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology / business
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they
- Performs systems and applications performance characterization
and trade-off studies through analysis and simulation.
- Leads development teams on projects to guide timely and
accurate delivery of new features or technical
- Develops the technical "vision" and designs specifications of
assigned projects and may perform as implementation lead.
- Mentors less experienced members of the team. Leads teams /
projects and implementations.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team
members. May participate in teaching and training members of work
- May represent IT Technology in internal or external forums.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
About Walgreens Boots Alliance
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail
pharmacy, impacting millions of lives every day through dispensing
medicines, and providing accessible, high-quality care. With more
than 170 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in
community pharmacy, the company is meeting customers' and patients'
needs through its convenient retail locations, digital platforms
and health and beauty products.
Including equity method investments, WBA has a presence in more
than 25 countries, employs more than 450,000 people and has more
than 21,000 stores.
WBA's purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and
happier lives. The company is proud of its contributions to healthy
communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a
sustainable marketplace. WBA is a participant of the United Nations
Global Compact and adheres to its principles-based approach to
WBA is included in FORTUNE's 2021 list of the World's Most Admired
Companies*. This is the 28th consecutive year that WBA or its
predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
More company information is available at
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience in an IT
engineering role OR High school / GED and at least 9 years of
experience in an IT engineering role.
- At least 4 years of leadership experience in server side or
client side technologies
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and
emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java
based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data
- At least 2 year of experience in domain-specific
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in
different time zones
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development
principles and influencing development teams, business users and
management in adoption of technical solutions.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial
decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership
and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes
(within state and out of state).
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information technology,
Engineering, Science, or Math.
Keywords: Walgreens, Bellevue , Big Data Principal Architect, Education / Teaching , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!