Director, DevOps Engineering
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Director, Development Operations
Job Summary: This role will manage a team of engineers focused on
designing and implementing cloud-based solutions to advance our
platforms and services that are core components in delivering
amazing experiences for Pok--mon fans around the world!
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Recruit, develop, and retain staff while building a culture of
collaboration, data-driven decisions, and continuous
- Deliver a highly-available and forward-looking platform that
enables development teams to deliver.
- Effectively collaborate with other disciplines within the
Technology organization and across TPCi.
- Lead major projects and initiatives both within DevOps and
across the Technology organization
- Serve as mentor, leader, and manager for a growing
international team; modeling leadership and performance within the
What you'll bring
- Twelve+ (12+) years of relevant professional experience, plus
five (5) years of management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools and technology such as
Perforce, Bitbucket, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins, and
- Thorough understanding of the DevOps concepts and culture, with
a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies and
- Functional knowledge and experience including but not limited
to: Development practices, Information Security principles, Vendor
Management, Executive Communications, and Data Analytics.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: EN.DOMF.M5
Internal Job Profile: DevOps Mgmt (M4)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Director, DevOps Engineering, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!