Cloud Security Engineer
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Job Title: Cloud Security Engineer
The Cloud Security Engineer is passionate about the detection and
prevention of security threats, integrating security tools into
daily operations, security architecture, full stack security
design, incident response, and cloud infrastructure. They will be
responsible for the mentorship of fellow contributors within the
department, as well as leading projects on behalf of the technology
organization. What You'll Do
- Develop and implement Cloud Security initiatives to ensure
continuous alignment with security standards and requirements
across all cloud environments managed by TPCi.
- Monitor industry trends around cloud security to keep
requirements and solutions in line with the threat landscape.
- Institute technical controls to effectively reduce the risk of
cloud-based security vulnerabilities, including drift-resiliency,
private cloud network gaps, and web-facing threats.
- Provide security expertise and consulting to partner teams in
Tech and across the enterprise.
- Perform threat modeling and design reviews to assess security
implications and requirements for introduction of new
- Monitor adherence to standards and recommend improvements as
- Alongside the Information Security team, responsible for
responding to and remediating security events / incidents.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to ensure
successful completion of our roadmaps and initiatives.
- Integrate security testing and controls into different phases
of teams' development lifecycles.
- Utilize agile methodology by making iterative progress toward
achieving individual, team, and organizational objectives. What
You'll Bring Required
- 3 to 4 years of experience in Information Security.
- 3 to 4 years of experience in related technology functions,
such as infrastructure/cloud engineering or software
- Experience with securing cloud environments, primarily
- Experience with botnet attack prevention and Web Application
- Experience with AWS network & security offerings and
- Knowledge of threat modeling and secure development
- Up to date with security attacks and latest security
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational skills, ingenuity,
and ability to work as part of a team. Desired
- Experience with infrastructure and security operations,
vulnerability management, and patch and configuration
- Experience working with security vendors and developing
recommendations based on evaluating products and analyzing
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and/or
equivalent working experience.
- Information Security certifications (CISSP, SANS GIAC, CISA,
etc.) a plus.
- Offensive Security/Pen test certifications (OSCP, etc.) a plus.
How You'll Be Successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems, and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pokémon experience. What to Expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases. -#LI-PS #LI-Hybrid
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Cloud Security Engineer, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!