Senior Gameplay Engineer
Posted on: August 5, 2022
About Cauldron---At Cauldron, we're passionate about empowering
gamers to become the hero of their own adventures. We believe that
a great story unites a global community, and we're assembling the
best creative talent in gaming to bring these stories - players'
stories - to life. Our team is working on an original,
industry-defining adventure game and seeks those who want to push
the boundaries of not just their craft but player experiences and
the industry as a whole. Cauldron is proud to be part of the
ProbablyMonsters family of studios which recently announced the
largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing
us with the resources and creative freedom needed to foster stable,
rewarding, and life-long careers. We are looking for a
world-classSenior Gameplay Engineerwho can help architect and build
core player and creature systems including things like abilities,
movement in Unreal. The ideal candidate is a hands-on with strong
know-how and the ability to actualize systemic gameplay structures
in Unreal. They should demonstrate a high level of proficiency,
experience, and passion for building layered systems that feed to
industry leading gameplay experiences. Who You Are:
- Expert with Unreal's default gameplay software.
- Profoundly experienced with tuning and balancing gameplay
- Deep understand of Unreal's design tools & pipelines.
- Fluid at writing systems in C++, blueprint & scripting
- Diligent at writing unit, integration and performance
- Vigilant at performing and signing off on code reviews.
- Good communicator & effective at cross team collaboration.
- Comfortable mentoring engineers. What You Will Do:
- Work with designers to help design, review or implement new
- Share your deep understanding of what makes great experiences
- Collaborate with tools programmer to design better
- Ensure cohesive integration between layered systems.
- Execute across all stages of development: from verbal ideas to
feature documentation and in-game implementation.
- Drive to meet project goals, priorities, and vision across
interdisciplinary teams to deliver high-quality features from start
to finish. Minimum Qualifications:
- 6+ Years of experience in craft
- 4 years of experience working on gameplay
- Worked on at least 3+ shipping titles
- Worked with at least 2 general engines and toolsets
- Worked with at least 1 proprietary engine and toolsetOur
commitment to you
- A people-first culture founded on respect, trust,
approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about
your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft
and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package including health and family
benefits, employee assistance program, flexible and paid time off,
financial benefits and professional and personal development. About
ProbablyMonsters--- Established in 2016, ProbablyMonsters is a
next-generation independent game company that creates long-lasting
studios and exceptional games. Revolutionizing the way AAA game
studios are built, ProbablyMonsters provides its teams the
resources and creative environment needed to foster stable,
rewarding, and life-long careers while delivering best-in-class
entertainment through a positive people-first culture. We have
built three studios so far. Each of them has a unique identity
built around the type of gamer experience they are creating. Knit
together inside the ProbablyMonsters family culture, all studios
are bonded by the core values of respect, trust, accountability,
and approachability. Connected by the company's mission to unite,
guide, and empower developers to create exceptional entertainment
experiences, developers at Cauldron are given the confidence,
security, and stability to create and ship their games free of
distractions. Learn more at www.probablymonsters.com/careers
Keywords: ProbablyMonsters, Bellevue , Senior Gameplay Engineer, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!