Data Engineering Manager
Posted on: August 6, 2022
*Only local candidates will be considered for this role
PeopleConnect -is hiring for our Classmates Division!
Classmates' one-of-a kind social network helps hundreds of millions
of users connect on our scaled platform. -We support billions of
connections annually through our distinct social media, messaging,
and reunions platforms. -We also maintain the largest digital
yearbook platform with millions of images.
At Classmates, you'll experience a collaborative culture focused on
continual improvement where a casual atmosphere and belief in
balance supports our empowered teams. -We are seeking a -Manager of
Data Engineering -to drive platform changes and updated
architectures supporting complex fanout, user generated content,
e-commerce, and messaging platforms. -You will work closely with a
talented group of software engineers, system admins, and site
reliability engineers on a multi-year project to transform,
automate, and improve systems across the infrastructure. -Current
- Updating data pipeline and fanout services
- Migration of critical services and data assets from colo to
- Embracing GraphQL and NoSQL cache and fanout solutions
- Evolution of culture and team to adopt Dev/Ops practices
- Coach, Mentor, and Empower the technical team. -Provide
leadership while solving tactical issues. Develop best practices
across teams, and contribute to improvement and delivery of
services. -Lead design reviews and retrospectives.
- Evangelize Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD. Lead efforts with
new application deployment technologies. -Partner with other
engineering leaders to guide conversations and best practices in
application architecture and cloud infrastructure. Advocate for
performance, security, and automation. -
- Collaborate closely with Dev teams on proper architectural
decisions; -communicate team priorities, system improvements, and
changes to stakeholders, vendors and partners to support and
deliver solutions for the business.
- Understand the business and guide technology solutions to
deliver results, through collaboration and coordination across
business units to determine requirements and deliverables for
projects. Define roadmaps and priorities for growing and scaling
our AWS deployment and associated tooling.
- Define process, metrics, and SLAs for our operations and
infrastructure. -Monitor the performance and reliability of our
sites. Partner with other teams to investigate and resolve their
performance issues related to scalability, response time, or
resource usage. - -Requirements:
- Curiosity, imagination, intuition.
- Self-motivated with a high degree of integrity:holding personal
responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and
professionally represents the organization. -High standards and
drive to deliver great work, and establish credibility by the
quality of execution from you and your team. -
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills:seek-out and value
collaboration with engineering leadership across the company.
-Articulates information clearly and respectfully, and comfortable
presenting to both multi-disciplined technology groups and
non-technical business users.
- Technology leadership:Proven record of success in leading
engineering teams to build and deliver services at scale. -Lead by
example, care for your team. -Able to align technology decisions
with business goals; customer oriented and dedicated to excellence
- attentive to both internal and external customer experience.
- Strong project management skills:able to be creative within a
structured environment; plans and prioritizes work effectively with
minimal oversight; manages multiple initiatives simultaneously,
remains organized, meets deadlines and delivers exceptional
- Experience in system analysis:excellent perspective and
technical insight, and understands process to solve problems in
complex systems. -Emphasis on identification of performance
constraints and troubleshooting. -Demonstrated ability to lead
during incident management.
- Versed in commonly used technologies: -including data platforms
using Hadoop, Kafka, and GraphDB and service platforms using
Java/Apache, or NodeJs.
- 5+ years in an Enterprise environment (Infrastructure,
- 3+ years in an Architecture related role
- 3+ years' experience managing teams
Additional Desired Skills and Qualifications: -
- 5+ years Development/engineering/administration of large scale,
customer facing, web services.
- 5+ years Software engineering or programming with modern
languages such as Java, JS, or Python
- 3+ years Open-source technologies: Apache, Hadoop, Spark,
- Experience with containerized deployment using technologies
such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent understanding of networking technologies.
- Strong understanding of security best practices to protect
systems and customer data. - -PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal
Keywords: Classmates, Bellevue , Data Engineering Manager, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!