Equipment Qualification Engineer, Electrical I&C
Company: System One
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Equipment Qualification Engineer - Electrical IC System One is
looking to contract with a highly motivated Equipment Qualification
Engineer, Electrical I&C for our client in Bellevue,
Washington. This is a remote contract opportunity for a duration of
at least 18 months. This position reports to the Equipment
Qualification Program Manager and provides day-to-day support of
projects and assists in the development of the Equipment
Qualification Programs to meet the established regulatory
requirements. Works in close consultation with Engineering staff to
ensure regulatory requirements are identified and implemented in
accordance with design and licensing strategy. Assists in defining
and executing the design and licensing strategy for Equipment
Qualification Programs and participates in interactions with the US
Nuclear Regulatory Commission including pre-application
discussions, preparing/reviewing topical reports and other reactor
licensing documentation, and responding to requests for additional
- Assisting in the successful design and implementation of the
equipment qualification program.
- Coordinating with design personnel to ensure new designs and
design changes meet Equipment Qualification Program regulatory
- Preparing, reviewing, and maintaining licensing documentation
in compliance with Equipment Qualification Programs, regulations
and strict quality assurance standards.
- Interfacing with technical discipline teams, partners and
- Preparing and reviewing technical material such as test
requirement documents and specifications prepared by themselves and
- Reviewing correspondence to and from the Nuclear Regulatory
- Assisting with safety analysis report (SAR) revisions and
- Preparing or reviewing equipment qualification regulatory
evaluations. Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor s degree in an Electrical Engineering or
Instrumentation and Controls Engineering or related technical field
from an accredited, four-year university or equivalent
- 5 years applicable experience in development and implementation
of equipment qualification.
- Ability to contribute to the equipment qualification program
development from blank sheet to final qualification.
- Knowledge of and how to implement IEEE Standards such as
IEEE-323, 344, and 420 7-4.3.2.
- Experience or familiarity with NEI 18-04 and Regulatory Guide
- Experience or familiarity with Regulatory Guides associated
with Equipment Environmental Qualification.
- Direct experience with vendor test facilities.
- Awareness and current knowledge of trends and nuclear industry
activities related to equipment qualification.
- Capability and willingness to adhere to strict quality
- Self-Starter with ability to manage deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook,
Excel) and Adobe Professional.
- Experience in interactions with the Nuclear Regulatory
- Project management and project management tools experience with
the capability and willingness to assume full responsibility for a
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire
to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined
based on assessment of qualifications.
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , Equipment Qualification Engineer, Electrical I&C, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!