Fuel Handling Operations Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Our Client is seeking a highly motivated Fuel Handling Operations
Engineerswhowill focus on theoperational aspectsof mechanicalfuel
handling and processsystems.In this role, you will work as a member
of the fuel handling operations team and provide input to system
design engineersfor our Client'sadvanced nuclear reactor projectsin
the area of Fuel Handling. Additionally, the successful candidate
will be able to coordinateand efficiently work with engineers
oninterfacingsystems.The Fuel Handling Operations Engineerwill work
as part of a high-performing team of engineers and scientists.
- Design of nuclear fuel handling systemsand fuel handling
sub-systemsfrom requirements throughfinaldesign, with a focus on
operational aspects of fuel handling equipment and
- Create operational narratives and procedures for fuel handling
equipment and systems.
- Create diagrams for fuel handling equipment and
- Support the development of automated fuel handling control
systems and equipment.
- Provide operational input to and perform reviews of analyses,
such asthermal, seismic, structural,heat transfer, and other
analyses performed by others.
- Identifyandensureeffective application of correct design codes
into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM, IEEE,
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in
applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design and operations
- Analyze and allocate regulatory criteria and standards to
complex mechanical and process system design.
- Interface with the design team tocreate and manage drawing
packages ofsystemdesigns, including but not limited to Piping and
Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), 3D models, and system
- Interface with design disciplines (such as
mechanical,instrumentation andcontrols, civil, and nuclear) to
identify and develop plant design information and specify system
design and performance criteria.
- Contribute operational knowledge to aid the design team in
establishing and maintaining system operations requirementsand
specification documents,suchasEngineering Design Specifications
- Propose and initiate testing programs for plant system
qualification, as needed.
- Generate operational documents as a part of the design packages
for systems, sub-systems, and equipment designs.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such asSystem
Design Descriptions,Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with
Safety Analysis Reports.
- Support design reviews as plant system and subsystem designs
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S.in Mechanical or related discipline from anaccredited
- 5+ years of work experience with proven mechanical system
- Demonstrated experienceinthe operation of complex mechanical
systems,structures and equipment, particularly nuclear fuel
handling systems (preferred).
- Previous experience with nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel
handlingprocesssystems, or similar high-performance system or
equipmentdesign is required.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation
- Current or previously qualified nuclear plant
- Experience with radiological controls at nuclear power
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to
contribute to a design team's effortwith minimal
- Ability to handle projects that include many competing
objectives and design constraints, with ability to resolve
conflicts between objectives.
- Ability to work onsimultaneoustasks that require a
- Experience writing technical papers and procedures is
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , Fuel Handling Operations Engineer, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...