Senior Civil Engineer
Company: Osborn Consulting
Posted on: September 18, 2023
We're looking for a collaborative, people-focused Senior Civil
Engineer to join our Water Resources Practice, a diverse team that
handles a variety of site and municipal projects around the Pacific
Northwest. These include everything from on-call projects with
local cities to big budget, multidisciplinary projects with state
agencies - and a full range of work, clients, and service in
Our ideal candidate is a natural leader who is passionate about
water resources and operates with a compassionate and team-oriented
mindset. They excel in strategic planning and deliver timely,
thoughtful results, with careful consideration to effective
delegation and opportunities for mentorship. In addition, proactive
communication and strong writing skills are essential to working
with the team and clients alike.
We're looking for someone with:
- 10+ years of experience in planning, design, and
- Development and construction support for civil/site design
projects or water resource projects
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Washington State and
local stormwater, wastewater, and surface water industry rules and
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D, GIS, SWMM, MGSFlood, and
- Proficient and qualified in reviewing the work of other
professionals, as well as performing milestone QA/QC
- Bachelor's or master's degree in civil engineering or related
- Washington State Professional Engineer license
To thrive in this position, you may also have these
- Experience collaborating with architects, landscape architects,
or other design disciplines
- Experiencedesigning aviation or maritime projects.
- Experience designing water or sanitary sewer projects.
- Active participation in industry organizations such as APWA,
WTS, SWE, NSBE, ACEC, ASCE, etc.
About the Role
In this position, you'll work with a highly collaborative team of
engineers and civil technicians to:
- Lead and provide senior-level design expertise for projects;
coordinate and develop project deliverables, including stamped
technical memoranda, reports, calculations, drawings,
specifications, estimates, and miscellaneous deliverables -ensuring
they meet project requirements
- Review others' work to ensure completeness and accuracy, as
well as compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering
practices and client and OCI standards
- Support selected project proposals and pursuits
- Mentor and train OCI's junior staff in career and growth
This position can be based out of the Bellevue or Bellingham OCI
offices. However, most of the Water Resources Practice is based in
Osborn Consulting, Inc. (OCI) is an employee-owned consulting firm
providing civil engineering, landscape architecture, and urban
design on public projects across Washington state. The power of
these public projects surrounds our daily lives, from the sidewalks
we stroll to visit our neighborhood park, to the confidence in
knowing our homes are safe from flooding when heavy rain comes. Our
team develops strong foundations of trust with cities, counties,
and agencies to achieve more resilient and more sustainable
We have grown strategically over the last 19 years from a firm of
one to a team of more than 85 motivated, hard-working, and creative
individuals. Working for OCI provides you the chance to learn new
skills, follow your passions, and have fun along the way!
What We Offer
- Competitive pay, medical and dental insurance, a 401K plan with
matching, PTO/holiday pay, health and fitness stipend, commute
support, and profit sharing.
- A collaborative and fun environment with idea-sharing,
learning, and curiosity.
- Training and mentoring.
- Opportunities for growth within the company.
What We Value
Our new team member will be someone who aligns with our core values
of Professionalism & Responsibility, Collaboration & Creativity,
Health & Well-Being, Laughter & Fun, Relationships & Respect,
Growth & Exploration.
Our Diversity and Inclusion
OCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse
workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance
completing the online application, please call 425-451-4009. Please
leave a message and a member of our People Operations team will
return your call within three business days. Alternatively, an
email may be sent email@example.com. "Applicant
Accommodation" should be included in the subject line of the email.
Please note that this phone number and email are only for those
individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for
OCI participates in theElectronic Employment Eligibility
Keywords: Osborn Consulting, Bellevue , Senior Civil Engineer, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!