Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer
Company: System One
Posted on: November 19, 2023
System One is seeking a to contract with an experienced, nuclear
industry Fuel Handling Design Engineer for our client's new reactor
technology project. This role is being offered as a REMOTE, 12
month contract with likely extension. - Senior Fuel Handling Design
Engineer In this role, you will create structural and mechanical
design solutions, 3D CAD models, and engineering drawings for the
conceptual and preliminary design development of advanced
Generation IV nuclear reactors. Candidates must have extensive
experience in mechanical/structural design and drafting using a
mainstream CAD system. Responsibilities:
- Design of nuclear fuel handling equipment from requirements
through final design.
- Coordinate and review inputs and requirements from Engineering
and Project teams.
- Support planning efforts and maintain schedule adherence for
design activities within a system, as well as their integration
with an overall plant design delivery schedule.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design
codes into the design of plant systems such as ASME, ANS, ASTM,
ASHRAE, IEEE, NFPA, and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with multiple design disciplines (such as mechanical,
instrumentation and controls, civil, and nuclear).
- Create engineering CAD 3D models, assemblies, and drawings,
applying standards such as ASME 14.1 and Y14.5.
- Perform and review scoping analysis and calculations for design
- Document design engineering work through technical writing of
equipment design specifications, design reports, and calculations
- Present design results in design reviews.
- Review and assess technical merit of solutions provided by team
members and subcontractors by participating in design reviews.
- Support continuous learning -and application of nuclear
industry best practices to maintain the -highest quality of
engineering design and proactively identify process
change/enhancement opportunities. Key Qualifications and Skills
- Education: B.S. degree in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of ten years of equipment / component design
experience; relevant M.S. degree credited as two years of
- Working experience with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
Section III, or Section VIII.
- Experience writing design specifications.
- Familiarity with CAD, SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience in finite element stress analysis, mechanical
analysis methods, and commercial mechanical stress analysis
modeling tools with emphasis on ANSYS.
- Experience in Design for Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in seismic analysis of equipment or components; in
particular, experience with response spectrum and time history
modeling techniques in accordance with the requirements of ASCE 4,
ASCE 7, and/or ASCE 43 is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given
work week, with minimum direction to solve challenging
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust
and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire
to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined
based on assessment of qualifications.
Keywords: System One, Bellevue , Senior Fuel Handling Design Engineer, Engineering , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!