Adv IT Business Analyst - Vendor Management
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with
like-minded, top talented individuals like you! With our rapidly
growing, award winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to
an exciting and innovative future is now.PSE's IT Project
Management Office team is looking for qualified candidates to fill
an open Adv IT Business Analyst - Vendor Management position!Job
DescriptionThe IT Financial Management team is looking for a
talented Advisor level, IT Vendor Management Analyst to join our
team. This role is key towards providing superior vendor management
practices across a diverse supplier and technology landscape. Your
vendor management expertise is critical towards ensuring quality
practices are delivered across the IT organization. In this role,
you can make a difference each and every day, whether through
presenting key supplier performance metrics to the IT senior
leadership team or facilitating Tier 1 Executive Reviews with the
IT management team.Job Responsibilities
- Applies advanced knowledge of IT vendor management practices to
create solutions for highly complex business situations.
- Assumes full accountability for vendor management roadmap,
framework and activities, such as governance, performance
management, risk management, etc.
- Performs highly complex analysis across multiple IT teams,
technologies and roles to ensure current and future IT vendor needs
are recognized and plans are developed.
- Develops and maintains all vendor management communications
involving processes, services, performance, etc.
- Collaborates with IT and non-IT teams on contracting, sourcing
and vendor management needs.
- Develops and maintains key metrics, KPIs and reporting methods
for each to ensure ongoing operational excellence and consistent
communication with key stakeholders including the IT senior
- Facilitates scheduled vendor management program check-ins with
the IT senior leadership team.
- Facilitates business reviews with key vendors to ensure
strategic plans and optimal operational performance.
- Serves as lead resource for dealing with highly complex
technical and/or business issues. Works with IT professionals and
managers across multiple segments.
- Demonstrates success leading teams or collaborating with
business partners and peer-level professionals from other IT teams
or other PSE departments, vendor or consulting organizations.
- Must demonstrate leadership in times of change and being
comfortable with ambiguity.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced analysts to acquire fine
points of the vendor management practice.
- Operates under limited direction. Performs other duties as
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of experience in related field,
or an equivalent combination of education and experience and eight
years of directly relevant experience.
- Solid experience in requirements management, diagramming, use
case development (UML).
- Expertise in process design, reengineering, requirements
management and documentation methodologies.
- Solid understanding of IT services and delivery processes.
- Proven team leadership and facilitation techniques.
- Experience in business case development.
- Has a strong understanding of information systems, business
processes, the key drivers and measures of success for the relevant
- Expertise in process design and documentation methodologies,
and design and production of quality deliverables, process and use
case modeling, business case development
- Must be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel,
Outlook, MS Project and Visio.
- Prior experience managing small to mid-sized projects.
- Familiarity with project life cycles.Desired Qualifications
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP).
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Demonstrated experience leading enterprise level contracts,
vendor management, and/or sourcing.
- Knowledge of benchmarking processes and process improvement
- Demonstrated success with stakeholder relations and negotiation
skills.Additional InformationFamilies and businesses depend on PSE
to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our
steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe,
dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're
building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our
award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in
renewable energy.At PSE we value and respect our employees and
provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay
package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based
incentive bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid
retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness
program.Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal
employment opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
veteran status or presence of a disability that with or without
reasonable accommodation does not prevent performance of the
essential functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by
local, state or federal law.Should you have a disability that
requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job
application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing
department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellevue , Adv IT Business Analyst - Vendor Management, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!