Senior Ocean Carrier Manager, Global Mile Imports
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: February 24, 2021
The Global Mile Logistics Services team manages the inbound
supply chain for Retail and FBA inventory delivering to North
American and EU fulfillment networks. We optimize cost, speed, and
reliability by leveraging the capabilities of world-class logistics
service providers and internal Amazon supply chain solutions. We
are looking for a detail-oriented, analytical, innovative,
hands-on, and customer-obsessed Program Manager in our Bellevue
office (Work From Home Through June 2021) that will manage Amazon's
ocean import network. As an Ocean Carrier Manager, you will be
responsible for managing ocean capacity and carrier performance
that meets our customers' needs while satisfying end-to-end
performance and budget goals.
- You will be responsible for consuming demand forecasts and
creating an ocean import network capacity plan covering Retail
(BCO) and Fulfillment by Amazon (NVOCC) businesses.
- You will timely resolve capacity shortfalls by negotiating
- You will be accountable for ocean carrier performance and will
ensure our partners are efficient, effective, and compliant to our
- You will manage internal support teams and build processes and
tools to enable scalable and flexible operations.
- You will develop risk management strategies for seasonal peak
volumes. Identifying at-risk operations and proactively
developing/executing contingency protocols to avoid service
- You will communicate operation and program status, risks, and
propose resolutions to key stakeholders. Work closely with upstream
and downstream teams, as well as other cross functional teams to
identify and remove systematical failures to improve the
consistency and precision of Global Mile services.
- You will retrieve and analyze data using Excel, Tableau, SQL or
other data visualization tools.
- Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, curious,
highly motivated and effective within distributed teams BASIC
- 3+ years of experience in managing and implementing high
- 5+ years of inbound logistics management with experience in
ocean import, drayage, or order management
- Experienced in managing, negotiating, and communicating with
internal/external business partners to meet organizational capacity
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and Tableau
- Proficiency using SQL or other data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to peers and
senior leadership teams.
- Comfortable with ambiguities, conflicting priorities and
multi-cultural and Matrix environment. Work under pressure and
aggressive timelines. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree/MBA in business, operations, logistics, supply
chain, or related field
- Experience/certification in Lean/Six Sigma Mfg. methodologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us If you have any questions
about Leisure Recruiter, or would like to know more, please contact
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Bellevue , Senior Ocean Carrier Manager, Global Mile Imports, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!