Director, Technical Program Manager, HW Architecture
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Director, Technical Program Manager, HW Architecture To get the
best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum
of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating
efforts.Job CategoryProducts and TechnologyJob DetailsAbout the
Role The Director of Technical Program Management for HW
Architecture and Strategy will drive critical complex projects that
span across Infrastructure and Services. This person will be
deployed to drive strategic cross-cloud programs and be responsible
for partnering with the cross functional and cross-cloud leadership
teams to drive planning and execution of these programs. In this
role, they will be managing projects across Salesforce that are
focused on the infrastructure architecture. Knowledge of
Infrastructure Services, Cloud Technology, data center facilities,
networks, servers, DB, Storage is required for this role. The ideal
candidate will have in-depth knowledge of NPI/SKU Certification
processes and thrives in an ambiguous environment.-- As Salesforce
shifts to being Public Cloud First for our Infrastructure
offerings, this team has been tasked to define a strategy for all
products/services to get there seamlessly. Instead of having each
service/product/technology define their own path we have programs
that are designed to leverage historic patterns to provide relative
SKU, Technology offerings for all services moving from 1P to Public
Cloud This role will also be responsible for continuing to sustain
1P offerings.-- The first problem this individual will be tackling
is developing a framework & roadmap to define, test, validate,
measure and rollout Public Cloud SKU Offerings. This space is very
Critical as it aligns Salesforce Technology as we shift to leverage
Public Cloud. The Director TPM will be driving projects that have
ELT visibility and engagement as these projects deliver on Service
Availability and Customer Trust.-- About you:
- Extremely knowledgeable about building large scale cross
business unit strategic programs from the ground up.
- Keen reader of people, culture and tea leaves; builds the
relationships to make things happen.
- Comfortable bending between the tactical and strategic
- Top notch executive presence and communications superstar
- Expert at program management, is able to build structure in
- ---Is able to wear multiple hats as required to deliver the
- Highly functional in a dynamic, challenging environment.
- Able to balance the needs of delivery with an agile mindset.
Top 5 reasons to join our team:
- Thrive in a culture of ownership, delivery, and
- Be a catalyst for change in the realm of World-Class Technology
- Enjoy a hyper-transparent flow of information, conversation and
- Innovate and invent the future of Agile and Social program
- Define, Lead and Execute the HW Architecture & Strategy
- Develop framework to manage SKU/Artifact Lifecycle, Artifact
Configuration, Artifact Delivery for both 1P and 3P Environments
partnering with both product team and HW Strategy leadership.
- Identify priority initiatives required to effectively execute
the organization's strategy.
- Drive the implementation of projects including
organization-wide improvement efforts.
- Drive an enterprise-wide, balanced scorecard to help leaders
understand progress against the corporate strategy that includes
analysis of trends and recommending actions to leadership.
- ---Work with multiple delivery teams to take ownership and
accountability of technical project planning and delivery for
- Expert written and verbal communication skills able to both
communicate to executives as well as engineering teams on priority,
plan and progress.--
- Develop trusted relationships with key technology, functional
leaders and stakeholders to drive focus on strategic program
objectives and optimize program delivery. This includes supporting
and holding resources accountable for their responsibilities within
- Expert at setting expectations with teams, through providing
meeting agendas, follow-up items, and check-in meetings to drive
for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
- Ensure data is collected to appropriately inform decision
making for mitigating risks and resolving issues.
- Utilize internal tools and agile mindset to create a
collaborative environment that fosters autonomy, transparency,
mastery, innovation and learning; promotes continuous
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or
prevent programs from delivering on program objectives.
- Seek to continuously grow by proactively seeking and embracing
- Build plans and mitigations to address pain points to ensure
the readiness of the cloud and/or program. Experience/Skills
- Expert in establishing scope, creating plans/schedules and
managing execution of programs.
- Experience in data analytics in rudimentary systems (extracting
data from disparate systems, merging data sets, etc.) not afraid to
get hands dirty in Excel / gSheets.
- Experienced in creating, and communicating in writing and
verbally, status of programs to an executive level.
- Working knowledge in infrastructure architecture at scale.
- Experience driving projects to successfully integrate cutting
- 9-10+ years experience managing large highly complex
programs/projects utilizing Agile/Scrum, Kanban and other program
management project execution methods.
- Able to work well in a matrix management, cross-functional,
geographically distributed environment.
- Complete ownership and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to be flexible with a positive attitude and learn
quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment with
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferred Masters in engineering,
computer science, or related technical field.
- Understanding of data center infrastructure is a plus.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior
executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical
functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations,
software engineering and network.
- Experience as a Program Manager is mandatory.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and proactively drive issues to
- A service oriented minded person who "Thinks Customer"' *LI-Y
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability
applying for open positions please submit a request via this
Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement At Salesforce we
believe that the business of business is to improve the state of
our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our
communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a
workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and
initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive
benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and
explore our benefits. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status,
protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and
Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency
resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any
third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement
with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org. Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider
for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records. Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in
Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and
industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across
sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with
customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can
revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer
Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more
accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity
and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights,
including being ranked by Fortune as one of the "Most Admired
Companies in the World" and one of the "100 Best Companies to Work
For" eleven years in a row, and named "Innovator of the Decade" and
one of the "World's Most Innovative Companies" eight years in a row
by Forbes. There are those who choose to work with the best and
brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just
a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers.
Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that's so
much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company. We
believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover
a future of new opportunities.
Keywords: Salesforce, Bellevue , Director, Technical Program Manager, HW Architecture, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!