Land Development Manager
Company: TRI Pointe Homes
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Are you interested in joining a company culture where
accountability, top performance, and teamwork are valued and
rewarded? A company that is dedicated to insightful design and
superior craftsmanship, the company is setting a new standard in
homebuilding and customer experience. Tri Pointe Homes Washington
is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic individual to join our
talented group as a Land Development Manager. Position Highlights:
The successful candidate will work with internal departments,
providing construction input and knowledge for projects during land
acquisition, project management, and construction. Oversee
installation of offsite and onsite improvements. Manage land
development team. Deliver improved lots to support new home
building operations. Bid and award the contract to subcontractors
and manage schedules to meet budget and development milestones.
- Assist with land acquisition feasibility studies, analyzing
potential risks and development costs.
- Create development budgets for offsite, onsite, and lot
improvements including administering and maintaining budgets
through the entire life cycle of a project.
- Create a development schedule during due diligence inclusive of
the entire development life cycle.
- Work closely with Vice President of Operations and Project
Managers to verify costs and accuracy of development
- Ensure due diligence work is completed prior to the expiration
of the contingency period.
- Participate in design coordination and value enhancement
meetings for demo, grading, improvement, joint trench, and
- Assist land development purchasing to support the development
needs, model home construction, and community openings.
- Manage and coordinate the creation and assembly of bid
documents including plans, specifications, reports, scopes of work,
- Ensure timely bidding, negotiate the best value for labor &
materials, and contract all subcontractors required to build the
project per the project schedule.
- Manage the processing of contracts, purchase orders, change
orders and maintain accurate back-up ensuring timely completion of
- Finalize and distribute the development schedule in conjunction
with divisional goals.
- Ensure all OSHA, health and safety guidelines, codes, SWPPP,
BMP's, and municipality laws are followed by all employees,
subcontractors, and customers throughout the life of the
- Manage and coordinate the installation and maintenance of all
stormwater prevention and BMP's throughout the life of the
- Coordinate subcontractors and inspectors for completion of land
development milestones, including meeting with jurisdiction and
agency officials as needed to maintain schedule and budget.
- Oversee, manage, and support the completion of all land
development activities for the project inclusive of coordinating
efforts with construction for the building of the model homes, new
home gallery, and project amenities.
- Ensure timely completion of land development activities and
successful opening of community and receipt of occupancy approval
by all agencies having jurisdiction.
- Provide support to construction throughout the project life
cycle including inspection of projects for quality control, safety,
- Approve invoices via electronic program to maintain company pay
- Manage and support tract acceptance and bond exoneration.
- Other duties as assigned. Position Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required. Major/emphasis in Planning,
Engineering, and/or Construction Management preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience in Land Development
in the homebuilding industry; or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the homebuilding industry and
general knowledge of residential infrastructure and home
- Understand the residential building industry, municipality
building codes, regulations, construction plans, and maps.
- Must have a clear understanding of the subcontractor's duties
and knowledge of soil conditions, grading, and survey.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively (written and
verbal) with internal team members, external agencies and
municipalities, consultants, and subcontractors.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle a multitude of
- Must have problem-solving, prioritizing abilities, and
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and work under
- Must execute tasks in an efficient manner without sacrificing
- Valid unrestricted Driver's License; vehicle insurance. We are
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the
opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable federal, state or local laws. We will endeavor to make a
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
our business. If you believe you require such assistance to
complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us
Keywords: TRI Pointe Homes, Bellevue , Land Development Manager, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!