Managing Director, Multifamily
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Managing Director, Multifamily in Bellevue, WA at Pinnacle
PROPERTY NAME: Regional Office - Bellevue, WA SUMMARY The Managing
Director is the leader in charge of a specified sub-region of the
operating region. The Managing Director shall assist and direct the
Regional Property Managers in successfully attaining the company's
operational and financial goals while reinforcing the company's
customer service culture. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS The Managing Director
will use diligence and make best efforts in executing the following
- Assumes overall responsibility for the day-to-day management of
the branch offices within their sub-region.
- Participates in the development of the Regional Business Plan
and constantly seeks to develop strategies for enhancing the
economic performance of the region and company.
- Complies with all policies and procedures established by the
company for the administration of the properties and the
- Maintains and staffs an office, which is open at least during
normal business hours.
- Retains and trains qualified personnel at the corporate level.
Supervises and evaluates the work of all personnel.
- Complies with the Federal Wage and Hour Act, the Occupational
Safety and Health Act, the Workmen's Compensation Act, and all
applicable state and local statutes and regulations.
- Maintains and posts all licenses, permits, notices, and
occupancy permits required by federal, state, and local
- Establishes a methodical filing system for business
correspondence, property information, and personnel
- Submits written reports on the operations of the property to
the Regional President on a defined basis in a format established
by Cushman & Wakefield.
- Attends and participates in industry association meetings and
seminars to keep up-to-date on trends and changing conditions in
- Cooperates in the completion of any other tasks that may be
requested by the Regional President.
- Participates in the marketing of the company on a local and
regional level as needed.
- Participates in the identification and pursuit of suitable
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the primary market.
- Constantly seeks to identify strategies for increasing company
income and reducing company expenses.
- Prepares a proposed annual budget of income, expenses, and
capital improvement for submission to the Regional President for
approval (as part of the Annual Business Plan).
- Administers the approved annual budget of income and expenses
in accordance with all Company requirements. Monitors the status of
the operating budget and determines necessary reductions or
increases in allocations.
- Obtains written approval from the Regional President for all
proposed expenditures in excess of the threshold established in the
- Prepares monthly income and expense variance statements with
collateral supporting documentation. Submits the required reports
to the Regional President on an accurate and timely basis and in a
format that meets the company's specific requirements.
- Reviews all delinquent accounts and pursues any action
- Annually reviews all contractual services and re-bids
appropriate services to assure the lowest possible cost.
- Assumes overall responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day
management of all clients' managed assets under the supervision of
- Implements action plans and strategies for maximizing property
- Communicates with the Regional Property Managers at least
weekly to discuss marketing, occupancy, budget conformance,
personnel, capital improvements, and any other material
- Communicates regularly with clients to ensure customer
satisfaction with company's services. Job Requirements SKILLS AND
- Ability to move independent groups to accomplish business goals
and exhibit strong interpersonal skills to successfully empower and
- Performance oriented and highly motivated to produce results,
having demonstrated this trait in prior experience
- High degree of creativity, coupled with sound business
- Diplomacy personified; an aggressive self-starter, yet
diplomatic to effectuate positive relations with subordinates and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of real estate management matters
- Knowledge of operational issues related to all asset types and
knowledge of progressive management practices EDUCATION
- An undergraduate degree with a major in a related field
- A minimum of five years in portfolio operations consisting of
10,000 units or more preferred
- Experience in positions with progressively increased
responsibility from property manager through multi-property
- Sound understanding of real estate operations as it relates to
management of individual assets, brokerage, office operations,
personnel management, corporate budgeting and planning Must be
detail oriented and able to focus with frequent interruptions
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- The following designations are preferred: CPM, CSM, RPA
- Manages Regional Property Managers who manage property staffs,
and Office Managers who oversee clerical support staff and the
receptionist, and may participate in the management of the Regional
- The Managing Director carries out supervisory responsibilities
in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws.
- Interview, hire, and train employees; planning, assigning, and
directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining
employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. TRAVEL
- Ability to Travel within Regional and Nationally
Keywords: Pinnacle, Bellevue , Managing Director, Multifamily, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!