Accounting Manager, Projects Revenue Recognition
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Do you want to take part in T-Mobile s latest innovation and lead a
world class team that supports the accounting design of processes
and system solutions for T-Mobile s new products, offers, and
business initiatives? Are you passionate about problem solving and
collaborating in a dynamic environment? Do you love Accounting AND
love learning new systems?
The Accounting Manager, Projects Revenue Recognition is a
leadership position within the Corporate Controller s organization,
responsible for supporting the design, build, and implementation of
end-to-end accounting system solutions for new T-Mobile products
and offers, while ensuring the solutions are U.S. GAAP and IFRS
compliant. This is a highly visible and impactful individual
contributor role within Revenue Recognition Accounting, reporting
to the Senior Manager of Revenue Recognition and Offers. This
position will collaborate across the enterprise, including with the
business and technology teams, as well as with accounting policy
and accounting operational teams to solve for systematic, scalable
accounting system solutions.
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines
"fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer
and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson &
Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider
requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase
as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held
religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile
undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience, with public
accounting or public company experience preferred. Wireless
Industry experience also a plus.
- Experience in developing and implementing new, scalable
accounting processes. Implementing accounting systems and/or
accounting process automation is a plus.
- Possess strong understanding of ASC 606 revenue accounting
standard: similar IFRS 15 skills a plus.
- Demonstrate proactive initiative to learn system functionality
and drive processes for the Revenue Accounting team.
- Proven ability to make sound, fact-based decisions, and
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple projects while
meeting set deadlines of team deliverables.
- Proven ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly
- Excellent attention to details.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with all levels of
management and cross-functional teams.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- CPA or Chartered Accountant Preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Understanding of accounting software and project reporting
tools (e.g., Aptitude, PowerBI, RevAP) is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have a strong foundation in project
management, excellent organization skills and attention to detail,
knowledge of technical accounting (specifically ASC 606 Revenue
Recognition), with problem solving abilities and a track record of
successfully implementing accounting and finance processes for new
business initiatives. The successful candidate will represent the
accounting organization on enterprise projects and offers and help
in the design of accounting solutions for new products/offers.
Using proactive initiative, the candidate will become a SME on
T-Mobile s Revenue Recognition accounting system and should feel
confident discussing and negotiating accounting needs, risks, and
implications in cross functional meetings related to impacts to
that system. Key outputs of this role will be defining system and
operational requirements for new products/offers, reviewing test
cases of the solutions, and overseeing final implementation and
booking of accounting results.
Verbal and written communication skills are critical to balance the
needs of accounting and other stakeholders, especially given this
position works with accounting and finance teams across the
- Lead ASC 606 accounting representation in new product/offer
launches and other business initiatives as the accounting SME of
T-Mobile s Revenue Recognition system.
- Collaborate with enterprise teams to develop a strong
understanding of new product offerings and business initiatives,
assess accounting impacts and accounting system needs, ensuring
complete and timely submission to the offer or project teams.
- Drive for sustainable accounting system solutions considering
the related financial impacts and transactional flows through
active partnership and collaboration with business sponsors,
accounting operations, and technology teams.
- Develop end-to-end comprehensive accounting documentation for
the new products, offers and business initiatives that would be
used for implementation by accounting teams, financial reporting,
SOX, and financial audit.
- Identify and communicate issues or areas for process
improvements regularly, drive for resolutions and implement best
- Prepare materials for review with senior accounting
- Identify accounting topics to address within the product/offer
and business construct and vet the proper accounting treatment with
the accounting policy team to ensure consistent application of
T-Mobile accounting policies (both US GAAP and IFRS).Equal
We take equal opportunity seriously by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions
concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard
to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran
status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any
other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any
of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and
will not be tolerated.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Accounting Manager, Projects Revenue Recognition, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!