Sr Product Manager, Technical
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Beyond the Smartphone Team (BTS) is looking for a highly
skilled Senior Product Manager - Technical that will be explicitly
dedicated to scaling T-Mobile's Consumer IoT and Beyond the
Smartphone offerings by working across the entire company. Working
with other excellent product managers, technical program managers,
and engineers, this role will lead one of three critical work
streams on a new multi-year initiative. This individual will take
ownership of the vision for the experience, build a path to support
existing and future product and commercial objectives and
ultimately enable T-Mobile customers to successfully adopt new
T-Mobile technologies. We're looking for someone with a startup
mindset, a bias toward action, and a burning desire to disrupt the
Senior Product Manager, Technical is a visionary, strategist,
analyst, customer evangelist, respected leader of business and
technology execution, and professional relationship builder all
rolled into a single dynamic package. At a high level this means
identifying the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs (an
opportunity), technical feasibility, business objectives, securing
funding, and leading a cross-functional business and technical
team, as well as key stakeholders to deliver against the
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines
"fully vaccinated" as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer
and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson &
Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider
requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase
as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held
religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile
undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a
related technical field, required. Master's degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in development of backend IoT Platforms /
Services, or IoT products leveraging such services
- 5+ years experience in hands on technical role writing
production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in
large scale company / application / product environment.
- Must have experience with the device certification process on
- Proven success directing matrixed resources, delivering
software with Agile Scrum methodologies with commonly used
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology
initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
- Knowledge and experience with integration patterns, API's, and
protocols such as REST, EDI, SOAP, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of DevOps (CI / CT / CD) and application of
CI/CT/CD in Agile environment.
- Advanced knowledge of full technology stack on which your
assigned product runs.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to
identify/analyze/synthesize product use data to drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability
to present complex technical information in a clear and concise
manner to a variety of audiences including executives and
- Deep understanding of platform technologies and components such
as security, performance, optimization, API integration.
- Experience with hardware products, specifically Internet of
Moving Things, telecom, a must.
- Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) or Agile Certified
Practitioner (PMI-ACP), or equivalent experience, preferred
- Experience working on core internal systems such as related to
billing, device management, etc.
- Experience leading development of iOS and Android apps which
interface with cloud components
- Experience standing up a Program Office
- Experience with managing Jira including workflows and best
practicesOkay. You've seen what we're looking for and you're up to
the challenge. Here's what we can offer you in exchange for your
- Competitive base pay plus annual bonus potential
- Benefits for part-time and full-time associates
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- An annual Employee Stock Grant, and a purchase plan that gives
you the chance to grab TMUS stock at a discount
- Generous paid time-off programs
- Phone service discounts
- Education reimbursement
- Serious growth potential for your career!This is the
opportunity to do something special and be part of a company
revolutionizing the wireless industry. And we couldn't do it
without someone like you. So, what do you say? Isn't it time you
explored what could become the career move of a lifetime? We invite
you to apply today!
We are seeking a leader who can leverage deep customer empathy, is
a strategic thinker, has commercial, analytical, technical
capability and knowledge, and the leadership prowess to
successfully deliver delightful and differentiated products that
drive growth and positively impact customers lives.
No day is the same for this role. Day to day activities include:
conducting market research; writing features or user stories;
determining specifications; defining long-term strategy of the
product; creating the product road map; driving technical delivery
end to end; defining scope for releases/product increments;
partnering with development, project/program management, marketing,
and other key stakeholders to define release schedule.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We take equal opportunity seriously-by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions
concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard
to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran
status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any
other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any
of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and
will not be tolerated. T-Mobile USA, Inc. maintains a drug-free
workplace. The unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution,
dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or
marijuana is prohibited in T-Mobile's workplace and employee
conduct in violation of this prohibition is subject to employer
discipline, including termination.
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Sr Product Manager, Technical, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!