Area Property Manager, Multifamily
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Area Manager oversees an assigned portfolio or a
multi-faceted property in a designated geographic area. This
position works closely with the ownership group to provide
consistency in operations throughout their portfolio as well as
provide a single point of contact for the client. The Area Manager
will have some direct property oversight in addition to assisting
and directing Property Managers in the portfolio.
- Operations - Ensuring the smooth running of each community in
partnership with the Asset Manager and Regional Property Manager.
Overseeing all operations including maintenance, capital
improvements, lease administration, budgeting, forecasting,
reporting, collections, evictions, vacancy anticipation, marketing,
lease renewals, service contracts, expense control, audits, etc.
- Customer service - Providing superior customer service and
communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer
satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and
- People development - Developing, mentoring, leading, and
managing a high-performing, cohesive team, including leasing,
customer service, maintenance and management personnel, in order to
maximize their engagement and minimize turnover.
- Marketing - Driving revenues with your thorough understanding
and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing
- Leading by example - Instilling, maintaining and modeling the
Cushman & Wakefield mission to be the best national management
- Supervise day-to-day operations of entire on-site team,
ensuring that all Cushman & Wakefield policies and procedures are
- Maintain effective on-site staff through interviewing, hiring,
and terminating as necessary.
- Maintain a positive living environment for community residents
through prompt conflict resolution and consistent follow-up.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of overall community budget and
- Work with leasing staff to ensure that leasing/marketing goals
are being met.
- Maintain positive relations with all community vendors.
- Coordinate special projects as requested by supervisor.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
-Effective communication and customer service skills
- Work involves highly confidential and sensitive information;
sound judgement and discretion is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work under time
- Strong project management, analytical and research skills with
a demonstrated ability to manage projects from inception through
- High school diploma, Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of on-site property management experience; multi-unit
experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in supervisory role and managing staff
- Experience in writing and maintaining budgets
- Proficient in Yardi property management software or other
similar property management software
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be detail oriented and able to focus with frequent
- Maintains confidence and protects operations of business by
keep information confidential Real estate license as required by
state law; Industry designations a plus. Oversee entire staff
within assigned portfolio
- Ability to operate in an open work area with moderate everyday
- Ability to work from multiple locations
- Ability to perform other duties as required Must be able to
travel to multiple property locations on a regular basis; ability
to travel to offsite locations as needed for meetings, training,
etc--- Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative--- Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Pinnacle, Bellevue , Area Property Manager, Multifamily, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!