Director of Internal Communication
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Director of Internal Communication
Position Summary: The Pok--mon Company International (TPCi) is
looking for an innovative, strategic, and proactive Director of
Internal Communication to join our growing team. Based in Bellevue,
Washington, you will be responsible for evolving this new function
into a strategic one. Specifically, defining a long-term plan
including strategy and business plan which support the company
vision, the vision for the employee experience along with
resourcing and channel/tool investment requirements. Further
ensuring Executive alignment on all, along with sound
implementation, intake, and management approach across all
You will work closely with leaders to advise, coach, challenge and
drive business solutions and communication tools and direction as
our business continues to evolve and scale. This role will report
to the Chief People Officer and lead a small team. You will consult
actively to ensure key messages and changes are presented in a
simple and fast, easy to understand manner, effectively manage flow
while defining, managing, and maintaining distribution channels for
maximum efficiency. While ensuring that all content is brand
appropriate and published in a timely manner to appropriate
audiences and that resources are allocated to business-critical
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with executives and business leaders/partners to
identify needs, objectives, and strategies to create effective and
- Understand brand, culture, business plans, global landscape,
and employee perceptions and acts as an advocate for the employee
experience through their craft.
- Strong ability and understand of global communications, tone of
voice and channel savvy across multiple cultures and regional
nuances (primarily US & European centric with potential future
expansion to other regions and continents)
- Manage and continually improve, evaluate communication and
tools for maximum effectiveness. Create new channels to reach
employees with core messages. Bring creative ideas and new
approaches to messaging to create and maintain engagement.
- Plan, write and edit content for internal communications
channels, including web, email, social media, and print.
- Hires top talent and leads/coaches' team on the development of
internal communication standards and process to deliver best in
class communication and graphics pieces.
- Effectively and creatives leverages resources / builds resource
planning to achieve desired outcomes.
- Drives the transformation of communications from a start-up to
a center of excellence with a strong internal consulting model and
others with the same mindset.
- Stay connected externally with industry best practices and
incorporate as appropriate for the brand.
What You'll Bring:
- Significant experience (12+years) in Internal Communication
and/or other relevant role(s) within a dynamic growing
- 5+ years of people leadership preferred.
- Executive presence and ability to present and facilitate to
desired outcomes in small and large venues seamlessly.
- Demonstrated experience bringing marketing and communication
strategies to life through storytelling.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to develop
creative and innovative communication and messaging
- Proven ability to influence key business stakeholders.
- Some graphics/presentation development skills are a
- Previous experience thriving in a fast-paced, transformative
environment with proven capability to influence change and manage
effectively through ambiguity.
- Proven ability to develop successful relationships with
business partners and team members in a hybrid work
- An understanding that to be successful, this role must embody
the TPCi culture, mission, and values.
- Preferred tech, gaming, entertainment, or similar industry
- Adept at working with data, assessing findings, and determining
insights to translate into action.
- Tech savvy: including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, HRIS
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems, and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others to
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code:
Internal Job Profile: Director, Internal Comunication (M4)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Director of Internal Communication, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!