Bilingual Product Marketing Manager (Japanese/English)
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Get to know The Pokémon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon). - Get
to know the role Job Title: Product Marketing Manager (Bilingual
Japanese/English Required) Job Summary: Product Marketing Managers
work with the Director, Apps Product Marketing and the wider Apps
Product Marketing team to develop and execute go-to-market plans
and live operations for Pok--mon apps, such as Pok--mon GO,
Pok--mon UNITE, and Pok--mon Masters. Collaborate closely with a
cross-functional team of internal stakeholders, vendor and agency
partners, and counterparts at global partner organizations to
facilitate streamlined communication, ensure alignment on marketing
plans, and ensure flawless execution. FLSA Classification (US
Only): Exempt People Manager: No What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal teams and global partners, including
counterparts at The Pokémon Company's Tokyo office, to develop
go-to-market plans and campaigns to support the launch and ongoing
liveops of mobile games.
- Support new game development projects by being a point of
contact between The Pokémon Company's Tokyo office, the game
developer, and internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with game development teams to understand and guide
the product vision, with the goal of creating an engaging customer
experience throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Work with the agencies on the planning, approval, and execution
of omnichannel marketing campaigns.
- Coordinate with the The Pokémon Company's Tokyo office to
ensure alignment on product and marketing direction and keep
internal channel leads informed with the latest product information
to successfully build and execute marketing plans.
- Research, analyze, and report on key metrics and industry
trends. Ensure campaign performance is measured, analyzed, and
shared with partners.
- Build strong relationships with both internal teams and
international partners. What you'll bring
- Bilingual and bi-cultural with strong written and verbal
business communication proficiency in both English and Japanese.
Solid understanding of Japanese culture and business customs.
- Experience working with multinational corporations including
Japan and the USA.
- Strong project coordination skill with proven ability to drive
results. Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an
issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical
- Strong relationship building skill to manage proactive, prompt,
and accurate communications with multiple stakeholders across
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market
opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work
tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
- Experience in game development, including localization, or game
marketing is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn about the brand in depth is required.
Passion/interest in Pokémon brand is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint,
- A proven track record of career progression.
- 5-7 years of related professional experience. How you'll be
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pokémon experience. What to expect - An employee first
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning - The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases. - Internal Job Profile: Product
Marketing Manager (IC3) -#LI-MK1 #LI-Hybrid
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Bilingual Product Marketing Manager (Japanese/English), Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!