Energy Risk Management Analyst
Company: Puget Sound Energy
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Puget Sound Energy is looking to grow our community with top
talented individuals like you! With our rapidly growing, award
winning energy efficiency programs, our pathway to an exciting and
innovative future is now.PSE's Energy Supply Merchant team is
looking for qualified candidates to fill an open Energy Risk
Management Analyst position!
Specific details regarding the work arrangements for this position
will be discussed in further detail during the interview
process.Job DescriptionThis position works collaboratively with the
team to support power and gas supply operations. Provides support
and documentation of power cost forecasts for rate filings,
internal financial plans and external reporting requirements. This
position models the company's asset portfolio, monitors and reports
performance metrics to support trading and hedging operations, and
performs related analytical functions as needed.
Upholds the safety compliance standards inherent in PSE's operating
and/or field procedures related to work responsibilities. Promotes
and supports a culture of total safety.
Demonstrates commitment to conduct business honestly, ethically and
consistent with our core values and Code of Conduct. Ensures duties
are performed in accordance with all regulatory compliance
- Compiles data and assumptions related to energy supply for use
in quantitative models.
- Maintains and runs production cost models.
- Provides analytical support for the company's expert witness in
regulatory proceedings and to traders for strategy
- Supports development of expert testimony for regulatory
- Calculates power cost related disclosures for accounting,
financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors and analyzes the company's performance in organized
- Serve as quantitative liaison for analytic and data requests
from business partners within and outside the organization.
- Writes and maintains programs for processing data and
performing analysis using programs such as Python or Visual Basis
- Provides ad hoc analyses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Accounting or
equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Utility industry finance/accounting experience.
- Independent thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong skills in: Excel, COGNOS, SAP & Access.Desired
- Modeling experience using PCI GenTrader, AURORA, Plexos or
other production cost models.
- Programming experience in Python or Visual Basic.
- Graduate degree in Business, Finance, Economics or
Accounting.Additional InformationFamilies and businesses depend on
PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our
steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe,
dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we're
building the Northwest's energy future through efforts like our
award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in
At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them
opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that
includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive
bonuses, comprehensive benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement
pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
Puget Sound Energy is committed to providing equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status
or presence of a disability that with or without reasonable
accommodation does not prevent performance of the essential
functions of the job, or any other category prohibited by local,
state or federal law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or
reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please
contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or
Keywords: Puget Sound Energy, Bellevue , Energy Risk Management Analyst, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!