Senior Licensing Manager - Latin America
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Get to know The Pokémon Company International The Pok--mon
Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon Company in
Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for
brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pok--mon Trading Card
Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official
Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today
is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in
the world. Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon). - Get
to know the role Job Title: Senior Licensing Manager - Latin
America Job Summary: The Licensing Team is responsible for creating
and executing a range of activities, including (but not limited to)
Product Licensing and Retail/Trade Marketing for Licensed Products
to increase the visibility of the Pokémon brand across the globe.
Within this team, this role will be responsible for developing
Pokémon licensed products to ensure a strong presence at retail
across Latin America - working alongside the Consumer Product
Approval (CPA) and Retail Marketing Team. In conjunction with
growing and managing the Pok--mon licensing program, the role has
two primary focus areas - 1) partnering with TPCI's global master
toy partners and TPCi's Latin America TCG sales team to drive
coordinated Toy placement at retail, and 2) building a robust local
licenisng program for key Softlines and Hardlines/FMCG categories.
Fluency in Spanish is required. Reports to: Director, Licensing
What you'll do
- Category Management: Category lead for Softlines and
Hardlines/FMCG across the region. Identify opportunities and fill
gaps by territories, demographics, and distribution channels.
Explore DTR deals where appropriate.
- Licensee Management : Accountable for day-to-day management,
including business reviews. Lead contract negotiation and secure
the best deals (in line with consumer products guidelines and
business objectives). Manage the process from contract to product
development and execution.
- Product Development : Responsible for ensuring timely product
approvals in line with licensee needs, anticipate roadblocks and
proactively take measures to address them by working closely with
the CPA team.
- Retail Development : Collaborate with TPCi Licensing and TCG
Sales colleagues, as well as key global Toy partners, to drive
coordinated Pokémon product placement at key retailers across the
- Financial Planning: Manage the P&L to deliver (or exceed)
annual revenue targets (in line with CP guidelines and business
objectives) in the region. Provide quarterly business forecasts to
evaluate progress against budget.
- Event Planning & Tradeshows: Participate and assist with the
planning and attendance of annual Licensing Summits, Licensing
Show, Toy Fair and other trade shows and events as necessary. What
- Education: BS or BA Degree and/or equivalent working
- Language: Bilingual English and Spanish
- Territory: Extensive knowledge of the relevant retail
- Experience: 8-10 years minimum related experience, with
previous experience in merchandise licensing, manufacturing or
related field a plus.
- Leadership: Ability to think creatively and strategically,
imparting an entrepreneurial can-do attitude to the role.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication
skills. Ability to interact well with work-groups and various
personalities. Ability to present and sell-in creative concepts and
execution ideas with internal and external stakeholders.
- Computer skills : Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel,
- Travel Requirement: 20% How you'll be successful
- Work Excellence: You set high quality standards and strive for
continuous improvement and quality assurance with all
- Service Orientation : You keep internal and external
customer(s) in mind at all times. You strive to proactively address
customer concerns and needs and to provide consistent customer
- Analytical and Logical: You're able to distill and synthesize
complex ideas into concise, meaningful information. You're adept at
prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail
and consistent follow through.
- Collaborative and Inclusive : You are a team player with the
ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with employees who
have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies
and levels within the organization.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and
persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
You work well under pressure and can pivot direction quickly to
keep up with business demands, maintaining use of best practice.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning The above statements are intended to describe
the general nature and level of work being performed by people
assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of
their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For
roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to
work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to
arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates
to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland.
However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may
consider supporting an employment permit application, in
appropriate and suitable cases. Internal Job Profile: Licensing
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Senior Licensing Manager - Latin America, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!