Manager, IT Applications Support
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: IT Applications Support Manager
Job Summary: The IT Applications Support Manager leads our
Application Support Specialists and works with other Tech Org Teams
and IT Managers in the pursuit of operational excellence. Your
experience in Vendor Management, Identity Access Management, ITIL
and ITSM frameworks, Application Monitoring and Service Management
will help you be successful in this role. The IT Applications
Support team is our first point of contact in the fielding service
desk requests, related to Business Applications, submitted by our
employees and partners. In addition to troubleshooting and
onboarding/offboarding users, the Applications Support team
partners with Business Systems Analyst's to test features/systems
that are preparing for production deployments and supports
regression testing and rollouts of updates/upgrades to existing
systems. Creating/updating documentation to ensure a consistent
support experience from the broader IT team and enable end user
self-service where appropriate, will support the scaling of the
team and ensure a consistent support experience. Opportunities to
work on minor enhancements as time allows, will create
opportunities for the team to learn and grow within their support
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Manage Application Support Specialists who are responsible for
Tier 1 Support and User Access Management to Business
- Report out on Service Management metrics and make data-driven
decisions on how to improve Service Management.
- Manage and prioritize application support issues across the
- Setup and report out Application Monitoring through tools like
- Manage escalations and monitor complex issues that cannot be
resolved by Tier 1 support independently.
- Lead Application Service Management's participation in the
software development lifecycle of new products and features. Focus
on the testing and hyper care phases, in preparation for a
production deployment, will support a successful rollout and the
learning of new systems and features.
- Ensure team is creating and updating troubleshooting articles
and enhancing user guides on a regular basis.
- Ensure streamlined Onboard/offboard processes of our employees,
vendors, and contractors to relevant Business
- Responsible for positive trends in Service Management
- Provide feedback to Business Systems Analysts and Vendors
regarding potential improvements to Business Applications to
improve the overall user experience.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years' experience supporting enterprise
- 2+ years' experience as a people manager
- Demonstrated experience implementing ITIL and ITSM
- Demonstrated experience with learning agility and ability to
pick up new systems, business processes and concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business systems to business
processes and offer recommendations on improvements to improve the
- Experience with JIRA ServiceDesk, ERP, SharePoint, SaaS
- Experience with Robotics Process Automation and Enterprise
Integration Platform as a Service, and low-code platforms a
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: TE.ISBS.M2
Internal Job Profile: Business Systems Analysis Mgmt (M1)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Manager, IT Applications Support, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!