eCommerce SCM manager
Company: Samsung Electronics America
Posted on: May 14, 2022
For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We
see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels
our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We
believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better
place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push
the limits of what's possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and
diversity of our talented people - they are at the forefront of
everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued
success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily
dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve
unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace
and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the
unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable
zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung,
we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing the forecasting and supply chain
management functions for eCommerce's Mobile Experience (MX) product
categories. Responsible for collaborating with the eCommerce
Business, Sales management, Samsung SCM, finance and the product
marketing teams on a weekly basis to own and align on forecasting,
supply and inventory planning functions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the forecasting of demand, supply and inventory for the
designated products sold through SEA eCommerce to ensure attainment
of revenue goals, optimization of in-stock and fulfillment rates,
and customer satisfaction.
- Drive cross-functional collaboration to influence the eCommerce
demand on the supply chain and prioritize demand for order
fulfillment based on business objectives and customer
- Confer with fulfillment sales management, business management
and SEA Supply Chain Management on demand planning and forecasting
assumptions and analysis.
- Measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate
forecasts made, to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the
demand planning & forecasting function.
- Monitor and report weekly allocation of supply and develop
escalation paths when/where allocation constraints will impact
financial targets, or will impact CX/ESDs
- Make recommendations on products to feature in merch or
promotion planning to proactively prevent aging inventory
- Support business, marketing, inventory or production
strategies, and organizational / supply chain improvement
opportunities to meet market needs
- Review and assess risk to supply and demand variability and
identify opportunities to manage and mitigate risk
- Develop, implement and use tools and technology for managing
buy boxes and analyzing the supply chain and fulfillment elements
of the eCommerce business.
Skills and Qualifications
Background & Competencies Required:
- Knowledge of direct-to-consumer eCommerce business processes
and best practices, in order to inform decision-making
- Supply chain experience, with a focus on demand planning,
preferably within an eCommerce business.
- Prior experience in a consumer electronics manufacturer and/or
retailer strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of eCommerce best practices and trends;
- Ability to navigate the Samsung organization to gather
information, elicit feedback, gain buy-in, and engage others in B2C
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines. In addition, must
be able to manage multiple projects and often competing
- 3 - 5 years of equivalent work experience required.
- College degree required.
- Proficiency in all components of Microsoft Office Suite as well
as Tableau preferred.
your location. You can change Country/Language at the bottom of the
page. If you are European Economic Resident, please click .
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are
committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal
Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race,
color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran,
genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung
Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an
exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of
employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully
vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to
apply for an exemption are provided after the application process
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with
Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our
job application process. If you have a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application
process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team
(855-###-####) or ...@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number
is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general
Keywords: Samsung Electronics America, Bellevue , eCommerce SCM manager, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!