Manager, Product Design
Company: Smartsheet Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
At Smartsheet, our purpose is to empower everyone to improve how
they work. As a member of the User Experience team, you'll have the
opportunity to lead our design strategy and shape the future of
work, making our category-leading work execution platform useful,
usable, and elegant. As the Product Design Manager you will lead
and grow a team of Product Designers. You will represent the end
user and evangelize human-centered methodologies.
This role will report to the Director of Experience Design and can
be located remotely or in our Bellevue, WA Headquarters.
- Mentor and lead teams. As a Product Design Manager, you will
directly influence the work of our Design Teams across [service
area]. Guiding multi-disciplined teams to develop their design
craft, problem-solving skills, systems thinking, and
- Collaborate alongside Product Managers, Engineers, and
stakeholders to deliver solutions that reflect customer goals and
- Drive the implementation of strategic design direction. Helping
teams to break down and create high-quality deliverables.
- Advocate for the value and importance of design at
- Be a great storyteller. With a practiced ability to facilitate,
and share complex ideas that offer clarity and
- Always lean into problems, finding opportunities to create the
best outcome possible.
- At least 5 years of experience designing product experiences,
with multiple years managing a team.
- A history of delivering team-based design solutions within
Agile SAAS or enterprise environments.
- A desire to lead, mentor, and inspire others. Supporting people
and teams to do their best work and achieve their goals. -
- Deep need to learn and evolve your thinking across all areas of
design, product, and leadership.
- An applied sense of design craft, systems thinking and visual
- Organized and structured work management habits, and processes
that create clarity and consistency.
- A track record in aligning and influencing cross-functional
stakeholders, senior leaders, and peers towards business outcomes
that reflect the needs of our customers.
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and
dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15%
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your
contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership,
primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own
personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S.
(role specific) -
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering
an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide
employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected
status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and
Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you
have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that
encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team
members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers.
We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive,
effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your
experience doesn't precisely match our job description-if your
career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At
Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't
afraid to be innovative-join us!
Keywords: Smartsheet Inc, Bellevue , Manager, Product Design, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!