Group Technical Program Manager, Privacy
Company: Facebook App
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Facebook's Privacy TPM team lead the programs designed to help
protect the information shared by billions of people, and is
maintained to the highest of standards. We work across all domains
of privacy, and across all layers of the tech stack at Facebook.
Technical Program Managers at Facebook navigate loosely defined
problem spaces and turn them into well-oiled programs by seeing the
big picture, driving consensus, and finally driving execution
across teams to uphold the safety and privacy of our family of
products. The Privacy TPM team partners with Engineering teams to
build programs designed to solve Facebook's toughest problems. We
are data driven teams, seeking to discover and implement innovative
solutions that solve complex problems with both sustainability and
scalability in mind. The ideal candidate will have a strong
technical foundation in infrastructure systems design for complex
platforms similar to Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp and
Oculus. They will have experience in supporting and growing teams.
Additionally, they will have experience working with data
(analytics/insights experience, knowledge of database query
languages, and/or broad experience in using data for product
decision making), and the ability to build influence by example.
Relevant experience is important, but ultimately less than your
demonstrated abilities and attitude. In this position, you will
redefine 'state-of-the-art' while working with talented Engineers
and supporting your team of Technical Program Managers. In this
role, you will go through engineering boot camp and are able to
champion building an overarching understanding of the whole system
architecture. As a peer to Engineers Managers and Product Managers,
the individual will heavily contribute to planning, strategy
definition, execution, and evangelism; negotiating cross-team
dependencies, while representing core Facebook values and
Group Technical Program Manager, Privacy Responsibilities:
- Manage cross-functional infrastructure and privacy engineering
and product programs. Help define the roadmap and long-term
strategy of the teams in privacy.
- Partner with key infrastructure groups & production engineers,
data scientists & analysts across the company to understand and
anticipate their needs.
- Forge partnerships with the Infrastructure teams to
collaboratively solve hardware/software problems.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones
of your team and partner teams in alignment.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the
- Build highly scalable, performant and reliable systems and
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and developing the best TPM
- Define and own key metrics and key performance indicators.
- Responsible for people management of a team, providing
performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth
for direct reports.
- Manage a minimum of 5 direct reports/managers.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or
technical product/program management experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a People Manager.
- Experience managing an organization of program or product
managers, including building and growing the team.
- Experience moving large-scale technical or engineering programs
or products from inception to delivery, and experience articulating
the impact using metrics, growth examples, return, etc.
- Experience structuring an organization that optimizes for
execution, including attracting talent and building out gaps in the
- Communication experience and experience working with technical
management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale
- Experience establishing work relationships across
multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in Infrastructure/Backend
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Facebook App, Bellevue , Group Technical Program Manager, Privacy, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!