Sr. Director, Game Studio
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Senior Director, Game Studio
Job Summary: This role will be responsible for the oversight and
leadership of the TPCi Game Studio including Art, Design,
Engineering, and Production for The Pok--mon Company International
(TPCi) game and mobile application products.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to define clear visions
for game & app designs and to communicate "the big picture", the
details, and the nuanced elements needed to bring that vision to
- Review and provide feedback of work from concept to completion
to ensure quality, technical specifications, best practices, clear
systems, and engaging gameplay.
- Communicate a clear and compelling vision in a manner that
excites and inspires.
- Effectively collaborate with other disciplines within the
Technology organization and across TPCi.
- Serve as mentor, leader and manager for a growing
cross-functional team; modeling leadership and performance within
the company. - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Twelve+ (12+) years of relevant professional experience, plus
five (5) years of management experience.
- Shipped several titles (F2P and/or AAA preferred) including at
least one live service title
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Be a skilled communicator who can comfortably work at all
levels of the organization, adapting your communication style to
the target audience
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems, and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Code: GA.GDMF.M5
Internal Job Profile: Game Design Mgmt (M5)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Sr. Director, Game Studio, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!