Food Service Director - Cafe Advanta
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Eurest Salary: 90000Food is our passion. It's what brings us all
together. We're a division of Compass Group, the leading
foodservice and support company in the world. The Eurest sector
focuses on business/corporate culinary - dining and catering. Our
account supports the largest technology provider across the globe.
Together, our over 1,500 team members serve over 50,000 per day
across an HQ and seven field site campuses around the country; as
well as produces and caters over 30,000 events annually. Our
award-winning team is a key player in contributing to the exciting
and engaging workplace. Whether it be creating new culinary
concepts, hosting promotions and events, designing the customer
experience from start to finish in a new space and beyond, our team
strives to provide an inspiring, immersive and vibrant environment
that unites and connects people together through food. Our goal is
to nourish, nurture and fuel employees, to foster partnership and
As we are continually evolving our program, we've built it on the
pillars of sustainability, wellness and diversity - inclusivity for
all at our core. These principles are woven into our fabric as a
company - from taking steps to preserve the earth for future
generations through sustainable practices. To not only partnering
with women and minority owned companies, but investing in and
supporting them, to rooting in our local community. To factoring in
food as medicine - and designing our culinary vision around health
and wellbeing. We are committed to a collaborative effort to
bettering the world now and for generations to come.
Our enterprise is ever-changing. We are fueled by innovation and
thrive in the growth mindset. And, we're growing! We're working
with our client to build a new premiere destination on campus that
will include world-class dining such as Food Halls, a pub, a
bowling alley, retail and services and inventive gathering spaces
that encourage collaboration. Join us and be a part of blazing a
new trail. Come and reimagine with us.
"Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where
permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this
account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must
meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or
other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status
will be considered."
Direct responsibility for the overall foodservice operation in a
corporate dining account. Manages, all salaried and hourly staff in
unit, chefs, cooks, cook's helpers and various kitchen & dining
staff. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and
evaluation of production in the unit. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include the training and growth
of all associates, as well as planning, assigning and directing
work. and financial results.
Financially accountable for the dining service department. Operates
the department in accordance with the approved budget, while
providing the Client with the maximum value for the dollars spent.
Ensures that the food offered to the client, guest, and employees
of the operation is of superior quality. Directs and conducts
safety, sanitation, and maintenance programs. Maintains excellent
relationships with employees, guests and Client as well as other
departments within the operation. Promotes the professional growth
and development of the entire team. In addition, the director will
develop strong inter-departmental relations and integrate the
dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develops short term and long term financial and operational
plans for the unit which supports the overall objectives of the
- Prepares the annual budget.
- Monitors the performance of the unit through verification and
analysis of customer satisfaction systems and financial reports.
Initiates corrective actions.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting
ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Initiates
- Implements and maintains sales and marketing programs.
- Establishes and maintains a proactive human resource function
to ensure employee motivation, training and development,
wage/benefit administration and compliance with established labor
- Establishes and maintains applicable preventative maintenance
programs to protect the physical assets of the unit.
- Maintains a security function which protects both the assets of
the unit and the personal safety of employees and customers.
- Implements and maintains effective two-way communication
systems which reach all employees.
- Develops new programs which result in an increased level of
customer satisfaction and operational excellence.
- Manages in compliance with established company policies and
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of
food and beverage items in adherence to company food standards for
preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and
OSHA guidelines) and portion control.
- Plans/coordinates menus using the appropriate Webtrition
- Ensures timely meal service to all service areas. Supervises
serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in accordance with MS Dining
- Trains employees in proper execution of their job duties.
- Determine work procedures, prepares work schedules, and
expedites work flow.
- Utilizes Compass Owners Manager Suit and manual systems for
completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as
inventory, cash reports, production records, payroll time keeping,
- Responsible for ensuring [proper cash handling procedures are
followed, drawer audits are performed, receipts/change funds/petty
cash are balanced.
- Orders food and other supplies from the approved sources.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and discharges workers (Discharges
require the review of the District Manager & Human
- Bachelor's degree in food service, nutrition or related field
- 2-4 year degree HRIM or culinary is preferred
- 3-5 years progressive hospitality experience is desired
- Must possess a valid Food Handler's Permit
- Demonstrated profit and loss management ability and client
relations success is essential
- Requires operations management experience with purchasing
- Excellent communication and computer skills are needed,
including knowledge of MS Office products
- High volume production and catering experience is
- Previous experience managing a budget
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice
companyApply to Eurest today!Eurest is a member of Compass Group
USACompass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we
are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.Qualified candidates must be able
to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job
post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential
responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with
this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or
change the essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for
employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner
consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)Associates at Eurest
are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)Req ID:1044846EurestTARANPREET
Keywords: Compass Group, Bellevue , Food Service Director - Cafe Advanta, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!