Manager, Quality Control/Quality Assurance
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Manager, Quality Control/Quality Assurance
Job Summary: This role is responsible for ensuring that all
applications, products, and projects meet defined quality standards
of Pokemon Center.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Develop and implement Standard Operation Procedures and quality
standards with internal stakeholders and vendors.
- Partner with Production Planners to maintain product
specifications. Ensure alignment with co-manufacturers when
establishing quality standards for co-manufactured product.
- Develop, conduct, and evaluate product audit systems and
quality inspection and testing processes; coordinate with third
parties to organize pre-shipment inspections. Assist in monitoring
third party test and inspection agencies' performance and
- Support long term product strategy by coaching TPCi's internal
teams and vendors to drive vendor quality improvements, optimize
product quality, and coordinate cross-functional teams to identify
and resolve production issues at our existing and new vendor
- Review and make product dispositions, help identify root
causes, and work with vendors to implement CAP as needed.
- Conduct vendor evaluation audits with on-site supplier review
of facilities to assess and evaluate vendor capability and quality
assurance processes. Also supply quality assurance data to support
the use of vendor scorecards and determine vendor
- Track product complaints and defect trends regularly to review
and report quality data to internal stakeholders. Analyze data and
create actionable projects to improve customer experience, product
offerings, or technology improvements aligning with TPCi's broader
- Act as subject matter expert, remain current on applicable
regulations and standards (ex: ASTM, EN-71, Prop 65, TSCA, CFR),
establish standards and inform changes to priorities or functional
strategy with recommendations.
- Leverage an in-depth knowledge of automated testing tools, as
well as quality control and assurance standards. with a focus on
production processes, manufacturing quality control audits, and
- Partner with cross-functional teams and encourage opposing
viewpoints to ensure team success.
- Anticipate production needs, suggest changes to production
methods, and balance competing goals to provide options for
alternatives when manufacturing issues arise.
- Build, coach and mentor a team to operational
- Set and manage against performance targets, report success,
including Key Performance Indicators, for self and team
- - - - - - - -
What you will bring
- Six+ (6+) years of relevant professional experience, plus one
(1) year of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering,
Environmental Science, or related science degree.
- Knowledgeable of industry and governmental quality regulations
(Prop 65, ASTM, EN-71)
- Understand and have prior experience with hard goods production
- Knowledge of metals, plastics, textiles, color matching, and
- Understands the concepts of batch testing.
- Familar wth inspection preparation and remediation.
- Functional expertise with nondestructive testing.
- Experience with quality assurance in a Consumer Products
- Ability to build a quality assurance process and drive process
- Understands how to drive product quality improvement.
- Familiar with quality management system (QMS).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to have late night calls with factories, agents and QA
Contractors in China when needed.
- In-depth knowledge of import manufacturing relationships,
including quality control/testing processes and programs and
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to seek professional growth and development as the
scope of the position increases.
- Demonstrated integrity, maturity, professionalism, and
- Valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a U.S.
passport for international travel.
- Travel expectation 20%-30% (includes overseas travel).
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: QC Mgmt (M2)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Manager, Quality Control/Quality Assurance, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!