Senior Manager - Travel and Hospitality Consulting
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Senior Manager, Consulting +
--- Bachelor's Degree in Business, IT, Engineering, or other
relevant field (Required)
- --- Advanced Degree in Business (Preferred).
Problem and Scope Definition:
- --- Work with engagement leadership and client to fully
estimate scope and plan project accordingly.
- --- Translate engagement objectives into defined scope and
executable tasks for managers and team members.
- --- Lead teams to form problem statement for project.
- - Coach managers and/or team members to identify root cause of
- - Lead managers and team to construct problem statement to
include problem description, those affected and benefits of solving
the problem, and implications of not doing so.
- - Help each manager to define project boundaries and reporting
cadence for their areas.
- - Identify key stakeholders for each work stream.
- lead managers and/or team(s) to construct stakeholder
- - Identify engagement risks and mitigation strategies for each
work stream and across work streams.
- --- Translate "big picture" for each manager/team to drive
- --- Partner with client and team to identify key process
stakeholders for each work stream.
- --- Oversee managers to lead requirement gathering
- --- Sign off on quality and relevance of requirements before
they go to client.
- --- Review recommendations as required to ensure direct tie
with overall engagement objectives and value the client is
- --- Serve as "manager of managers" across several work streams
and/or over a largescale project, including aggregation of work
plans and coordination of tasks.
- --- Actively assist managers in recruiting and managing the
team In the event of resource constraints, provide air cover and
escalation to remove constraints.
- --- Drive effective communication and teaming with Cognizant
verticals / horizontals across engagement(s) to ensure strong
collaboration for a One Cognizant.
- --- Ensure teams are not "reinventing the wheel" but instead
leveraging bestofbreed tools and methods for more efficient and
- --- Work with manager(s) and team(s) to deliver consistent
client status updates across work streams regarding performance to
objectives, engagement constraints and mitigation plan for
- --- Serve as "second line of defense" (managers are first line)
to ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables meet or exceed
- --- Manage engagement economics across one large or several
- --- Manage engagement risk across work streams, including
- --- Manage crossteam conflicts/constraints.
- escalate to engagement leadership as needed.
- --- Coordinate crossteam and client communication, including
protocols and cadence.
--- Manage across teams re:
research, development and authoring of consulting mindshare ie
articles, whitepapers, and other collaterals via traditional and
social media channels
- --- Serve as thought leader on relevant best practice.
--- In coordination with account team and D+ leadership:
- - Manage RFI/RFP responses and other business development
- - Identify and pursue upsell opportunities with existing
- --- Support annual account planning efforts as needed.
Customer Relationship Management:
- --- Build and maintain trusted working relationships with
client counterpart(s) both within and beyond current scope of
- --- Be seen as a trusted resource who sees across current
projects/work streams to the "big picture".
- --- Identify and lead areas to build practice capabilities and
- --- Lead teams to package and cleanse engagement deliverables
for practice reuse.
- --- Help to lead service line development and case studies
through the gathering of industry best practices and
- --- Ensure personal utilization targets are achieved by working
standard hours and supporting business development activities that
create future billable opportunities.
- --- Hold managers and team members to achieve personal
utilization targets, including support in "internal marketplace" as
in advance of current project close.
--- Become exposed to and manage engagement metrics, especially
personal sales (note:
in some service lines, SMs have a specific sales target)
- --- Lead creation of case studies, white papers and PoVs to
both the practice and Cognizant's knowledge management
--- Manage managers and hold them accountable to:
- - Set clear expectations for team/associates.
- - Deliver continuous and constructive feedback.
- - Help each team member to improve performance.
- --- Help lead efforts in recruitment and onboarding of campus
- --- Help deliver training and career development of individuals
- --- Be seen as a people leader people want to follow.
Keywords: Cognizant, Bellevue , Senior Manager - Travel and Hospitality Consulting, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!