Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting (Remote Eligible)
Company: Smartsheet Inc
Posted on: September 22, 2022
The Senior Manager of Subscription Revenue Accounting is
responsible for the accurate processing and close of our revenue
accounting results for Subscription Services. You will oversee a
team of four employees and interact with other team members in
accounting, financial operations, sales and other parts of the
organization to complete the monthly, quarterly and annual close.
In this role, you will partner closely with the Manager of Services
Revenue Accounting to ensure all revenue is recorded observing ASC
As a publicly traded company, we are subject to SOX 404. This role
oversees SOX compliance including updating the process narratives,
risk identification, design, implementation, and ongoing operation
of key control activities for revenue accounting related to
subscription services. As a senior manager, you will need to ensure
your team understands their roles and responsibilities as they
relate to SOX and produce the subscription revenue results each
month and each quarter.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions
of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best
work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work
execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track,
automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient
processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Director of Revenue Accounting. This
position is fully remote eligible!
- Be an expert in ASC 606 around revenue recognition for
subscription services. Ensure that all customer contracts are
accounted for completely, and following applicable
- Lead the monthly close process related to revenue accounting
- Produce the SOX process for subscription revenue accounting.
Implement and operate internal controls. Recommend updates as
needed to improve processes.
- Partner with the Head of Internal Audit to consider process
improvements and test controls.
- Perform the monthly review of revenue accounting workpapers and
foster a process that delivers the highest quality
- Implement processes that minimize potential for error.
- Develop the team, coach and retain additional team members as
- Establish and develop cross functional relationships with key
- 8+ years experience in accounting with an emphasis in ASC 606
- 5+ years of people manager experience.
- Current CPA certification.
- Someone who enjoys coaching and managing teams.
- Comfort working in an organization that values
- SOX experience is required, whether obtained through public
accounting or through working at a publicly traded
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with Finance, Legal,
Revenue Accounting, Financial Operations and other groups across
- Knowledge of ERP systems (preferably NetSuite)
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and
dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15%
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your
contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including
access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership,
primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own
personal Smartsheet account
Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
encouraging an inclusive environment with the best employees. We
provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally
protected status following applicable laws in the US, UK,
Australia, Germany, and Costa Rica. If there are preparations we
can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive
interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we build an inclusive environment that encourages
and supports the diverse voices of our team members who also
represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for
people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and
honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't
precisely match our job description-if your career path has been
nontraditional, to set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse
perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be creative-join
Keywords: Smartsheet Inc, Bellevue , Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting (Remote Eligible), Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!