Company: AVALON BAY COMMUNITIES, Inc.
Posted on: September 23, 2022
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation's leading Real
Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing,
redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment
communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States.
-Operating as our own general contractor, AvalonBay has a long-term
track record of building high-end apartment homes in the Northeast,
Mid-Atlantic, Paci---c Northwest, Northern California, and Southern
California regions of the country. -Our decentralized, fully
integrated construction platform has been integral to our success.
-Our construction teams, which are located in each of our core
markets, are committed to driving results to build best-in-class
apartment homes. -
The Project Manager will handle a variety of projects that would
include Redevelopment, CapEx, Remerchandising, Apartment Only, CRSP
and Retail projects across the entire region. The PM sets the
budget, creates and maintains the construction schedule, assembling
and maintaining field staff, and the overall success of
multi-family residential and mixed use projects. The Project
Manager establishes expectations and collaborates with a variety of
parties to ensure projects are on schedule, within budget, safe and
secure, and prepare cost data for project control analysis and
- Oversees the execution of projects, focusing on
industry-accepted processes for real estate construction project
management, related to budget, schedule, and quality.
- Manages risk associated with project execution, as well as
skills necessary for forecasting obstacles to better manage
- Prepares bid packages and subcontractor scope of work, review
bid packages, prepare bid analysis, negotiate and award
subcontracts, assemble contract documents and manage subcontractor
change orders and project budget.
- Reviews construction plans/drawings and the submittal process
with Consultants and the Development team.
- Assists in the acquisition of permits and approvals; assist in
public notices, and additional coordination with
- Identifies root cause of hazards, delays, poor quality, and
other jobsite issues. Develop solutions and plans that mitigate
future risk to the project.
- Ensures project close out and documents are in order and filed
appropriately (Certificate of Occupancy, As Build Drawings,
Consultant sign-offs, etc)
- Enforces safe work practices and safe working conditions in
accordance with all municipal, state and federal regulations.
Ensure compliance with AvalonBay safety and health program
requirements and project specific Safety and Health Plan.
- Leads and motivates members of the project team to complete all
phases of work safely within the schedule and parameters
- Empowers, engages and develops associates to meet business
outcomes. Provides feedback, coaching and support to drive
- Bachelor's degree preferred, with emphasis in Engineering
Architecture, Construction Management, or Business.
- 7 or more years of experience managing residential, commercial
or hospitality construction projects/activities with moderate
knowledge related to all disciplines and phases of construction.
Experience with design, project cost accounting and field
experience inclusive of project management experience is
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills with ability to plan,
prioritize, organize, collaborate and manage workload.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability
to work with a diverse range of personalities, ability to keep calm
under pressure, ability to communicate effectively and ability to
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Operates the following applications frequently: Microsoft
Office including Microsoft Project, Unifier, ProCore,
- Understands all aspects of the plans documentation
- Comprehends applicable building codes and local jurisdiction
policies and procedures
- Understands all OSHA guidelines.
How AvalonBay Supports You
We know that our teams are the beating heart of our success and
we're committed to showing our appreciation.
- Comprehensive benefits - health, dental & vision, 401(k) with
company match, paid vacation and holidays, tuition reimbursement,
an employee stock purchase plan and more!
- Growth based on achievement and promotion from within.
- Associate recognition (a company-wide recognition program that
celebrates associate efforts and successes in contributing to the
overall success of the organization - including destination awards,
'AvalonBay's Very Best' recognition program and others!).
- A 20% discount on our incredible apartment homes.
- A culture built on purpose and our core values - -A Commitment
to Integrity, -A Spirit of Caring, and -A Focus on Continuous
AvalonBay is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is
committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment free of
discrimination and harassment.--- We believe that in order to
achieve our purpose of creating a better way to live, we must
-recruit, develop and retain associates with a wide range of
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives and create an environment
that encourages all voices to be heard, understood and appreciated.
- With this we know we can do great things.
AvalonBay will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements under
Keywords: AVALON BAY COMMUNITIES, Inc., Bellevue , Project Manager, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!