Esports Manager - Video Game
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Esports Manager - Video Game
Job Summary: Designs and implements esport strategies and programs
for the Pok--mon Video Game Championship Series. As the esports
manager you will define strategic direction and positioning of
multi-market and global programs including qualification pathways
to the World Championships, driving execution to achieve long-term
business goals. You will be expected to know our core customers and
the esports market so intimately that you define and communicate
clear, defensible, and sustainable esport programs and
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you'll do
- Lead the development of esport plans for core RPG titles with
all internal stakeholders and developers.
- Evaluate feature and program performance reporting to internal
and partner stakeholders on success and opportunities.
- Make recommendations and provide feedback for systems and
game-client features that support esports.
- Recommend changes to current esport and competitive programs
based on market research and new trends.
- Know the underlying game product and be a subject matter expert
in competitive play so that you can define and communicate clear,
differentiated, defensible program and feature positions.
- Provide leadership for industry objective, strategy, and
content for targeted audiences across esport campaigns and
- Develop the marketing and program content needed to support the
esports program and business goals.
- Collaborate with internal event managers to support live
What you'll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional
- Bachelors degree required.
- Expertise in tournament formats and systems including single
elimination, double elimination, swiss, round robin, and
multi-phase tournaments in both live and online competitive
- Knowledge of Pok--mon VG competitive play; have hit Master Ball
rank on Battle Stadium in any format on at least one
- Experience developing and implementing point and ranking
systems, rulebooks, and contest frameworks.
- Experience working with game developers breaking down large
systems into digestable feature requests and prioritizing those
requests against program timelines and goals.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proven knowledge in defining and executing a short and long
term go-to-market strategy for esport programs.
- Outstanding communication skills. The ability to work across
teams and communicate esport goals/results at a team, executive,
and company level.
- Ability to adapt to changing deadlines, emerging needs, policy
changes, and the variety of nuances that can happen in product
- Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market
opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work
tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
- Clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral
- Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue,
and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions.
- Organized and process-oriented with proven ability to manage
multiple projects at once.
- Experience managing and working with external partners,
particularly international ones, on a global scale.
- While passion for the Pok--mon brand is a plus it is not
required, however knowledge of and a willingness to learn more
about the brand is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $97000.00 - 147000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Product Marketing Manager (IC3)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Esports Manager - Video Game, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!