Director, Original Animation
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
What you'll do
Job Title: Director, Original Animation
Job Summary: The Director, Original Animation is a newly created
position in Media Production at The Pok--mon Company International
responsible for accelerating development and production of
Pok--mon's original animated content to provide a best in class
entertainment experience reaching the kids & family audience. This
position will be based out of Bellevue, WA and report to Sr.
Director of Media Production. Partnering with Media Production,
Marketing and cross-functional leadership, they will generate and
guide Pok--mon animation projects from concept through delivery.
They will cultivate relationships with top writers, artists, agents
and studios, delivering unique combinations of talent to projects,
managing original animation schedules and budgets and partnering
with legal to drive original animation-related contracts.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Partner with Media Production and Marketing Leadership to
conceptualize Pok--mon animation creative -that is fresh and
differentiated while faithful to existing lore also and that will
resonate with the broad kids and family audience
- Drive all aspects of development and production of original
animation including story, characters, design and overall project
development from ideation through delivery
- Build and present strong project pitches to secure greenlight
and attach talent
- Cultivate top writer, artist and studio relationships and
identify the right talents for projects
- Work in concert with cross-functional leadership to implement
creative vision and strategy
- Guide story documents, scripts, art and cuts with input and
- Foster an environment of cross-functional Media Production team
collaboration, input and involvement
- Create budgets and schedules for original animated
- Working with the legal team, drive animation contracts and
deals for development and production
- Lead, grow and mentor department over time as needs
- Formulate policies, procedures and requirements for content
delivery and production. - - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Proven experience in animation film /series/ entertainment
development and production
- Experience in and understanding of adapting existing IP into
animated stories and content
- Startup mindset to flexibly adapt to change
- Expert knowledge of story structure and storytelling
- Ability to generate story ideas and develop them into animated
- Extensive contacts with top writers, artists, agents and
studios in the animation space
- Twelve+ (12+) years of relevant professional experience, plus
at least five (5) years of management experience.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Relevant and adequate experience in animation development
including managing timelines, budgets and contracts for several
ongoing creative projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize while juggling multiple
projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven
- Excellent teamwork and problem solving ability.
- Superb organizational skills and ability to lead people with
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of / passion for the Pokemon brand is a huge plus
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: $149000.00 - 223000.00. This range is
applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be
hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint
of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each
candidate's qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Internal Job Profile: Content Development Mgmt (M4)
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Director, Original Animation, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!