Sr. Product Manager, Tech - eCommerce
Company: eBay Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and
creativity, where you can be on the team shaping the future of
global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell,
connect, and share around the world? If you're interested in
joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to crafting an
ambitious and inclusive work environment, join eBay - a company you
can be proud to be with.
We are looking to hire a Sr. Product Manager within the buyer
experience team to help us delight and excite eBay customers around
the world! The position resides within our shipping PM organization
and will be responsible for owning a set of user facing products:
providing insights on product performance and customer behavior,
identifying and prioritizing growth opportunities and improvements,
defining product requirements for new features and coordinating
development efforts as a scrum product owner.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate a
balance in guiding and influencing the vision of shipping
development teams, whilst simultaneously be comfortable doing
hands-on analysis using SQL, Tableau, etc. In addition to
delivering insights on existing products, the successful candidate
will identify innovative growth opportunities based on insights and
build momentum behind them by bringing along product leaders and
business partners within the company.
The candidate will have a strong background and experience in
product management and quantitative analysis, and be capable of
clearly articulating complex ideas into clear, usable
* Strong product management skills; work with the larger
cross-functional team to define the team's product strategy,
business strategy, operation plan and detailed roadmap.
* Proven track record of using data driven decision and insights to
drive product roadmaps and outcomes in leading technology
* Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while
balancing multiple responsibilities, scoping projects, evaluating
priorities, and effectively working well within a team.
* Outstanding communication skills - verbal, written and
presentation abilities. Capacity to deal with sophisticated
analytics and summarize key findings and business implications.
* Ability & confidence in quantitative analysis, data visualization
and data-mining to tell the story behind numbers and derive
* Ability to develop product insights using data including funnel
analysis, customer behavior analysis, cohort analysis etc. and
provide recommendations on product improvement and growth.
* Initiate the process of proposing, leading and communicating
strategic analytical studies, to deepen the understanding of eBay
* Develop financial impact and risk analysis of strategic options.
* Develop and lead A/B tests to accurately calculate the impact of
site modifications, from both a transactional, and a usability
point of view.
* Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies and working in Agile
teams is desirable.
* Strong SQL skills. Familiarity with statistical package such as R
or Python is a plus.
* Hypothesis testing; experimental design; data mining.
* A/B testing and experimentation setup.
* Bachelor's degree and above. Degrees in quantitative areas
(Stats, Math, CS, etc.) /MBA preferred.
* 5+ years of experience in product management roles in technology
companies with growing scope and responsibilities. E-commerce and
B2C experience preferred.
* Proficient in statistical computing/data mining software
including SQL, Tableau, Excel pivot tableau, Python, Hadoop
* Can-do attitude. Like to solve problems in the most pragmatic
* Resilient. Design and iterate quickly, learn from mistakes.
* Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Able to work
across organization and influence peers and more senior
* Excellent communication skills. Can communicate complex ideas in
* Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver
quick results, yet act as a team-player.
* Comfortable sorting through ambiguity and the ability to drive
towards a practical business impact.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the
work you do every day. Whether you're single, in a growing family,
or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and
competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal
& paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your
financial security today and in the years ahead because we know
feeling financially secure during your working years and through
retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by
connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives,
and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn't just
something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do
each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee,
you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel
safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your
unique self to work. To learn about eBay's Diversity & Inclusion
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally
protected status. If you are unable to submit an application
because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability,
please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to
respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as
possible. View our accessibility info to learn more about eBay's
commitment to ensuring digital accessibility for people with
disabilities. For more information see: EEO is the Law Poster and
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement.
Jobs posted with location as "Remote - United States (Excludes CO,
HI, NM, NYC)" excludes residents of Colorado, Hawaii, New Mexico
and New York City.
Privacy Center for more information.
Keywords: eBay Inc., Bellevue , Sr. Product Manager, Tech - eCommerce, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!