Sr. Manager, Software Engineering
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Company DescriptionVisa is a world leader in digital payments,
facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between
consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government
entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year.
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative,
convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling
individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.When you join Visa,
you join a culture of purpose and belonging - where your growth is
priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters.
We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift
everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on
billions of people around the world - helping unlock financial
access to enable the future of money movement.Join Visa: A Network
Working for Everyone.Job DescriptionAs a Senior Managerin the
Acceptance Solutions Professional Services team, you will pave the
way to deliver amazing features with the highest quality for
Authorize.Net's Clients (merchants, acquirers and technology
partners). Leading teams that maintain solutions for payments APIs
as well as Merchant and Partner interfaces. You will work with
colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will lead
teams tasked with multiple projects ranging from full stack
development, REST services API, to highly functional, secure,
scalable and resilient real time and batching systems."Essential
- The creation of conceptual approach, technical analysis,
design, development, unit testing, deploy and support
- Collaboration with business partners on requirements
elaboration, workflow design, configuration, and business
- Leading agile development teams in designing, developing,
testing, supporting technical solutions across a full stack of
development tools and technologies.
- Evaluate options and provide recommendation on scope and scale
of effort required to implement final requirements.
- Able to work on multiple projects and initiatives with
different/competing timelines and demands.
- Work with delivery partners to review and finalize technical
specifications, code review, version management, and implementation
- Work with limited direction, usually within a complex
environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet service
- Collaborate across global businesses and technology
organizations, providing sound business analysis, process, and
- Hire and develop a diverse team of talented engineers.
- Coach/mentor others within sub-function.
- Teach others through informal sessions such as brown bags and
- Participation in support activities such as troubleshooting,
defect research, code promotion, and configuration.This is a hybrid
position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote
and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the
office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general
guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business
* 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 5
or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters,
MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
* 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor
Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced
Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience
with a PhD
* 2+ years of work experience leading engineering teams.
* Deep understanding of enterprise architecture and operational
best practices for building and maintaining highly available /
* You have experience with consumer facing application
* Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
* Experience with analytic techniques including process modeling,
requirements elaboration, data modeling, and business use case and
user interface prototyping.
* Experience with translating business requirements into technical
* Experience with designing and building integrations using Docker,
* Experience with client-side technologies such as JSP, AJAX,
* Highly proficient with Continuous Integration / Delivery
framework (CI/CD), release and change management, Sprint based
* Ability to work with teams in multiple geographical locations and
* Experience with Payment and/or Credit Card processing considered
a plus.Additional InformationVisa has adopted a COVID-19
vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our
employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees
based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19,
unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise
required by law.Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the
department.Travel Requirements: This position requires travel5-10%
of the time.Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be
performed in an office setting. The position will require the
incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by
telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as
telephones and computers.Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will
also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and
applicable local law.Visa will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with
applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of
the San Francisco Police Code.
Keywords: Visa, Bellevue , Sr. Manager, Software Engineering, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!