Sr. Manager, Software Quality
Company: The Pok--mon Company International
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Get to know The Pok--mon Company International
The Pok--mon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pok--mon
Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is
responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the
Pok--mon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home
entertainment, and the official Pok--mon website. Pok--mon was
launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular
children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook
(facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter
(twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
- Job Title: Sr. Manager, Software Quality
- Job Summary: This role is a key quality leader and customer
advocate with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of
quality assurance related to digital product development at The
Pok--mon Company International (TPCi). The role is responsible for
contributing to and delivering on the long-term strategy for the
Software Quality department. The Software Quality department
supports production teams for major websites, back-end services,
platform and infrastructure, and mobile applications developed for
TPCi. This role works with team members and other stakeholders
ensuring quality products, enabling the organization to provide
experiences that delight our customers.
- FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
- People Manager: Yes
What you'll do
- Serve as a leader across the Software Quality department,
including mentorship and development responsibilities for members
of the team.
- Improve the efficiency of the software quality organization
through effective leadership, identification of individual and
group training, and overall people development.
- Deliver risk mitigation through proactive long-term strategic
planning for the department.
- Provide insights and define the criteria for reporting through
collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
allowing the team to measure and report on quality across multiple
- Define and evangelize quality metrics and software development
lifecycle improvements to support the Software Quality department's
work across the Technology Organization.
- Identify, develop, and sustain partnerships, both within the
Technology Organization, as well as with other organizations at
- Educate partners on best practices, quality metrics, and
influence implementation and design for quality across all TPCi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What you'll bring
- Ten+ (10+) years of relevant professional experience, plus two
(2) years of management experience or a demonstrated equivalent
level of expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or a demonstrated
equivalent level of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, both as a leader of teams
and as a leader of projects - dynamic, strategic and
- Extensive experience in leading and mentoring software test
engineers and software development engineers in test.
- Experience operating within an agile development environment,
- Experience analyzing complex problems and presenting multiple
solutions to key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage and direct resources and projects that
require all levels of testing including unit, functional,
automation, regression, performance, and scalability
- Demonstrated experience communicating both technical and
non-technical information across teams and departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you'll be successful
- Passion for Pok--mon: Develops an understanding of the Pok--mon
brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans,
and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to
everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity
and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an
opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve
complex problems and identify unique opportunities. -
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by
leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different
perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions,
actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote
high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and
embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in
an effort to continuously improve. -
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships,
adopting a "team first" mentality and working collaboratively to
solve problems and meet shared goals. -
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and
needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and
important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a
unique Pok--mon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pok--mon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: For this role, new hires generally start
between $170,000.00 - $201,400.00. The full range is -$170,000.00 -
$254,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where
the role is intended to be hired. Final base salary is directly
related to each candidates' qualifications and professional
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE/MX Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom,
candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some
roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in
Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live
and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome
applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an
employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable
Keywords: The Pok--mon Company International, Bellevue , Sr. Manager, Software Quality, Executive , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!