Continuing Care Physician (Hospice and Palliative Care), 0.8 FTE
Company: Health eCareers
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Continuing Care Physician (Hospice and Palliative Care), 0.8 FTE
Bellevue, Washington Full Time BE or BC SummaryKaiser
Permanente-Washington Permanente Medical Group is seeking a 0.8 FTE
Continuing Care Physician (Hospice and Palliative Care) to join our
Palliative Care - Dignified Journeys team at Bellevue Medical
Center in Bellevue, Washington.Job SummaryWashington Permanente
Medical Group, the Pacific Northwest's top-rated multi-specialty
group, is currently seeking a BE/BC Internist or BE/BC Family
Medicine physician, with experience working in Geriatric and/or
Hospice/Palliative medicine, to join our Post-Acute Care program
(or Continuing Care team). This 0.8 FTE position combines
outpatient hospice and palliative care and supports care for a
complex patient populationThe Home-Based Hospice and Palliative
Care service is highly dependent on interprofessional
collaboration. The physician will be a key partner in shaping the
care model through active participation in interdisciplinary team
meetings as well as process and quality improvement opportunities.
In addition to fostering a culture of collaboration and a high
functioning team within the Hospice-Palliative Care Service, the
Hospice-Palliative Medicine physician will be an ambassador within
the medical group to promote awareness, knowledge, and skill in
delivering palliative and end-of-life care.Principal Duties and
* Demonstrates consistent and reliable diagnostic and therapeutic
* Supports clinical initiatives.
* Actively works to continually learn and apply new skills.
* Demonstrates knowledge of and participates in KPWA business
* Practices in accordance with KPWA approved procedures, guidelines
and protocols.Teamwork and Collaborations:
* Demonstrates flexibility and ability to work effectively and as a
* Regularly attends and participates in team and medical group
* Partners with team to develop protocols.
* Supports goals of the department.
* Models inclusive qualities including self-awareness, humility and
* Values the perspectives of diverse stakeholders including
clinical teams, patients and their communities.
* Encourages front line staff to improve where they work.
* Enthusiasm and ability to teach/host learners from various
* Communicates effectively with patients, clinicians, families,
nursing, and all levels of clinical staff. * Participates in
problem solving of consumer complaints.
* Actively participates in initiatives to increase patient
* Partners with patient in management of care.
* Demonstrates that patients come first.Resource Utilization and
* Actively builds a culture of equity by understanding health
disparities and creates interventions to address them.
* Ensures all pertinent patient care information is documented in
the patient medical record in accordance with current standards and
uses technology to manage the clinical practice.
* Promotes the use and understanding of evidence-based medicine to
provide high-quality care.
* Evaluates procedural requests and reviews medical records to
ensure appropriate plan of care is developed.
* Develops, implements, reviews and maintains associated informed
consent orders and instructions.
* Complies with all state and federal regulations, in addition to
KFHPW/WPMG practice standards.
* Seeks and offers appropriate and timely consultations consistent
* Orders medication within prescriptive authority and promotes the
use of the KPWA formulary.
* Orders lab, pharmacy, radiology, and special tests
* Participates in medical staff quality improvement and review
* Supports and promotes LEAN principles.Knowledge/Skills
* Ability to collaborate and be influential across structures and
roles. Possesses high professional standards and maintains respect
of provider colleagues, demonstrated understanding of the changing
medical environment such as medical/legal issues, staff concerns,
customer demands, sensitivity to timing, etc.Delivery Systems:
* Knowledge of delivery system operations, healthcare delivery
systems and trends.Business Acumen:
* Knowledge of business process and rapid cycle improvement and
systems thinking Knowledgeable about care delivery across the
continuum.Decision Making Communication:
* Ability to challenge established ways and lead change.
Demonstrated effective problem solving and decision-making skills.
Proven negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Excellent
communication skills.Project Management:
* Must possess outstanding project management and data analytics
skills. (preferred)CommunityBellevue is the fifth largest city in
Washington, with a population of more than 134,000. The city spans
more than 31 square miles between Lake Washington and Lake
Sammamish and is a short drive from the Cascade Mountains. It is
the high-tech and retail center of the Eastside, with more than
130,000 jobs and a downtown skyline of gleaming high-rises.
Although business booms downtown, much of Bellevue retains a
small-town feel with thriving, woodsy neighborhoods, nearly 100
beautiful parks, a vast network of trails, top schools and a
vibrant economy. Bellevue is routinely ranked among the best
mid-sized cities in the country (-- Show Contact Details and 24/7
Wall Street). The population is becoming more diverse - according
to the most recent census, minorities constituted 41 percent of
Bellevue's population and more than 50 languages are now spoken by
children in Bellevue public schools. We are dedicated to building
lifetime relationships with peers and patients in Washington
State's richly diverse communities. Many know the Pacific Northwest
as an attractive tourist destination with beautiful scenery,
friendly people, and a host of cultural and recreational
opportunities. These elements, and others, make Washington an
excellent place to live.Equity, Inclusion and DiversityIn our local
communities and across the nation, Kaiser Permanente sets the
standard for respectful care. With multicultural staff, equity,
inclusion and diversity councils, medical interpretation resources,
outreach efforts, educational programs and more, Kaiser Permanente
puts people first in our medical centers and beyond.As part of
Kaiser Permanente, Washington Permanente Medical Group (WPMG) seeks
to create equity in our communities, eliminate health disparities,
and always put patients-the heart of everything we
do-first.Following the guidelines in our National Diversity Agenda,
every member of our team strives to: * Provide culturally
responsive and appropriate medical care to improve the health and
satisfaction of all people in our increasingly diverse
* Recruit and retain clinicians and staff that enhance our
* Grow our membership by providing exceptional service and clinical
care to all communities in our regionCreating a diverse workforce,
an inclusive environment, and equitable opportunity for employment,
growth, and advancement are deeply linked to our mission, our
business, and our economic future. WPMG continues to add programs
that build and maintain a workplace where we engage with our
members, communities, and each other-with dignity, respect, and
cultural understanding.Equal Employment OpportunityAs part of our
commitment to our employees and the members and patients we serve,
we integrate diversity into all aspects of our operations.
Maintaining a workforce with industry-leading levels of diversity
through deliberate planning, development, and outreach is... UW
Medicine - Valley Medical Center has received many awards including
recognition as one of the Best Places to Work. Modern Healthcare
has listed Valley Medical Center as one of the nation's "Best
Places to Work in Healthcare." ) Providence Hospice of Seattle is
seeking a full-time Hospice Medicine physician to deliver
exceptional care to seriously ill patients in their own homes or
care facilities. ) Seeking a full-time, board-certified Palliative
Medicine hospitalist to join a dynamic and growing
interdisciplinary consultative team dedicated to providing
high-quality, patient-centered care to patients experiencing
Keywords: Health eCareers, Bellevue , Continuing Care Physician (Hospice and Palliative Care), 0.8 FTE, Healthcare , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!