EMT - Located in Tukwila, WA
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Located in Tukwila, WA
More Information about this Job:
Starting Wage: $21.69 - $30.00 DOE , including weekend
differential. AMR wages are based hourly and not on an annual
basis. Overtime and other opportunities are available, to include,
Wildland Fire EMS, Disaster Response Team, along with multiple
stand-by events. We are only hiring Full-Time EMTs.
Tuition Reimbursement - If you have graduated from an accredited
EMT program in Washington State within the prior six months you
will be eligible to have the tuition for you EMT program reimbursed
after a year of full time of employment.
American Medical Response (AMR) is a Teamsters Local 763
union-based company. AMR has been providing services in
Seattle/King County and surrounding areas since the acquisition of
our predecessor company, Shepard Ambulance, which began service
here in 1923. AMR is a subsidiary of the nation's largest private
healthcare provider, Global Medical Response. Though AMR has the
backing of GMR, we employ a family of local leadership and
employees who work and live within the communities we serve. We
work closely within our local 911 systems, as well as various
health care facilities, to provide the most appropriate care for
If you are interested in a career in EMS or the healthcare field,
joining the AMR Seattle family will set you on the path to
Schedule : All applicants must be willing to work flexible shifts
to include 8, 10, 12, or 14-hour shifts, days, nights, weekends,
Emergency Medical Technician Duties: Our Emergency Medical
Technician (EMT) function as an integral member of a highly
qualified team to deliver comprehensive and compassionate
prehospital and inter-facility transport to patients and residents
of King, Snohomish, Pierce County, and many other counties.
AMR is the only company able to offer a variety of opportunities,
locally and nationwide. At AMR you will work alongside highly
trained Firefighters, Paramedics, and Police officers in a
fast-paced 911 systems. AMR Seattle also offers qualifying
employees a paid scholarship for paramedic training, along with a
flexible work schedule during your schooling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols,
response requirements and quality assurance procedures in system in
- Maintains awareness of any and all changes in the system
components and company policy.
- Maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent
with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
- Complies with all state and company requirements for operation
of motor vehicle.
- Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy
and safe practices.
- Develops ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through
knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
- Ensures that unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of
mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness
and appearance standards.
- Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company
- Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to
- Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and
- Attends all mandatory in-services.
- Other Duties as defined on the job description.
- Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as
required by County to which assigned
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
- Emergency vehicle operation knowledge
- Radio communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of medical supplies and equipment contained
in the vehicle
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to employ discretion and confidentiality in sensitive
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow instructions
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Valid Washington State Drivers License
- Acceptable driving record
Why Choose AMR ? AMR is one of Global Medical Response 's (GMR)
family of solutions. Our G MR teams deliver compassionate, quality
medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient
relocation services. View the stories on how our employees provide
care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com. Learn how our values
are at the core of our services and vital to how we approach care ,
and check out our comprehensive benefit options at
NOTE REGARDING COVID-19: Upon accepting an offer and joining the
GMR family, new hires will be required to submit a COVID-19
vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
More Information about this Job:
Company Benefits: Check out our careers site benefit s page to
learn more about our benefit options.
Salary Range: $21.69/hr- $30.00/hr. (This rate applies to 12 hour
shift and average 42 per week)
Keywords: AMR, Bellevue , EMT - Located in Tukwila, WA, Healthcare , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!