Posted on: January 23, 2023
Kaiser Permanente Washington serves over 700,000 members across
the state of Washington and is growing! We believe that achieving
total health for our members takes teamwork and we are looking for
exceptional team members who thrive on delivering an exceptional
experience for our members and patients. Kaiser Permanente
Washington is recognized as a best place to work that embraces
diversity, fosters collaboration, practices mentorship, and
believes in a positive, healthy work environment.
Our Medical Assistants (MA) play a critical role and are key to our
promise on delivering an exceptional patient experience. As an MA
at Kaiser Permanente you will be part of a world class care team
working with outstanding nurses, physicians, physicians assistants
and nurse practitioners to provide the best care possible. Join us
in our mission to provide high-quality, affordable health care
services and to improve the health of our members and the
communities we serve.
- Collection of selected data about health status of the
- Determines consumers purpose for visit, concerns and
- Checks and records consumers vital signs. Records pertinent
data on the consumers medical record.
- Recognizes urgent/emergent situations and refers them in a
timely fashion to physician or nurse.
- Participates with other health team members in the development
of the nursing care plan.
- Contributes pertinent information to the nursing plan of care
and passes it on to appropriate professional provider. Follows
through and implements the nursing plan of care safely and
completely according to role and team specifications.
- Documents accurate information in proper format.
- Communicates in an attentive and individualized manner in every
- Participates in the coordination and facilitation of care for
the patient. Cooperates and communicates effectively with other
team members in order to accomplish the workload.
- Recognizes and reports obvious psychosocial, cultural and/or
emotional needs. Verifies the patients understanding of the purpose
for visit. Instructs and orients patients and family/significant
others to the health care team members, the services available, and
the means of access to those services.
- Participates in the orientation of new consumers to KFHPWs
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates an awareness of the Consumer Bill of Rights and
- According to the educational plan determined by the
professional provider, provides instruction to the patient and
- Provides instruction that matches learning needs and the
nursing plan of care.
- Encourages patient compliance with therapeutic and medical
- Under the direction of the professional provider, provides the
patient with preventive care information that matches his/her age,
sex, and health status. Utilizes available health education
- Reinforces the plan with patient to improve general health
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for practice,
for continued growth and self-evaluation. Identifies own learning
needs and participates in educational efforts to meet those
- Participates in staff orientation and student education
- Participates with managers in completing the process for self
and colleague/team performance reviews.
- Consistently demonstrates an appearance consistent with current
KFHPW dress code policy.
- Accurately documents selected patient history observations and
procedures. Adheres to KFHPW documentation standards.
- Provides each patient a safe, comfortable, and private
- Provides a safe environment for each patient and adheres to
KFHPW safety standards. Adheres to KFHPW infection control policies
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED)
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program prior to
start date/transfer or equivalent Military experience with ability
to obtain MA-I prior to start date.
License, Certification, Registration
- Basic Life Support required at hire
- Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at hire OR
Interim Medical Assistant Certificate (Washington) required at
- If hired as MA-I, must obtain MA-C prior to the expiration of
the MA-I credential.
- Knowledge and skills listed on the Kaiser Foundation Health
Plan of Washington Medical Assistant Competencies/Skills
Job Category: Clinical Support, Medical Assistant
Keywords: Kaiser, Bellevue , Medical Assistant-Obstetrics/Gynecology-TPT-Bellevue, Healthcare , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!