The cook is responsible for the daily preparation and execution
of all food items, as well as maintaining proper sanitation
practices, cleanliness, and the rotation of food items. We value
scratch cooking and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Our customers receiving what they ordered, based on our standards,
and in a timely fashion is key to their overall experience and
impacts the success of restaurant operations. Additionally, this
role should expect to facilitate hundreds of covers throughout each
shift while maintaining a professional behavior in a high-pressure
* This position will spend 100% of the time standing
* The individual must be able to transport 35 pounds on a
regular basis and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
* Sets up station according to guidelines.
* Prepares all food items as directed in a quality, sanitary and
* Required to learn our style of food preparation, follows
recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications.
* Ensures proper food safety and sanitation that results in a
safe work environment and customer safety.
* Most preparation includes but is not limited to cutting,
sauting, broiling and cooking various items such as meats, fish,
poultry, vegetables, salads, desserts and other ingredients.
* Restocks all items as needed throughout shift while utilizing
the First in First out (FIFO) methodology.
* Cleans and maintains kitchen and prep kitchen in practicing
good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
* Holds understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain
all equipment in the kitchen.
* Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of
kitchen, walk-in coolers and all storage areas.
* Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed,
* High School diploma or GED
* Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
* Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
* At least 1 year of previous prep or line cook experience
* Must have valid WA State Food Handlers Permit
* Must be able speak, read and understand basic cooking
* Ability to read, write, and understand English
* Must be able to deal with multiple personalities in a high
* Professional communication and interaction skills are
* Ability to take direction
* Ability to effectively work in both in a team environment and
* Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
* Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and
* Possess a strong commitment to quality service, and
* Possess the ability to work weekends, evenings and
* Possess the ability to work with others to solve problems and
* Full service restaurant line experience in a high-volume
* Possess a genuine interest in gaming and creative play.
* Degree in the culinary arts.