Company: Ross Stores, Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger--- At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
Responsible for all aspects of the Stores' operations. Leads the
entire operation of the Store to ensure that Company standards and
best practices are consistently met. Staffs, trains and develops
leadership team to deliver the desired sales and profit results,
while maintaining a friendly, easy to shop environment. Recruits,
trains and develops Associates. Manages the operations of the
Stockroom, Front End, and Sales Floor to ensure new merchandise
gets to the sales floor in a timely manner, goods are received
properly and manages expenses through execution of best practices
General Operating Requirements:
- Leads all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working.
- Analyzes Store reports to evaluate controllable expenses and
overall Store performance.
- Addresses any variance to Company standards with appropriate
action plan, partnering with the District Manager as needed.
- Ensures proper scheduling of Associates to meet business
- Accepts special assignments as directed by Leadership.
- Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll
transmission, and Payroll reporting as needed.
- Recruits, hires, trains and develops Assistant Managers, Area
Supervisors and non-exempt Associates.
- Through selection, training and motivation, strives to reduce
Store turnover. Utilizes and promotes all retention tools including
incentive programs, recognition opportunities, contests and
training. Ensures all required training courses are prioritize and
completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for addressing personnel and performance issues
including coaching, verbal and written warnings, progressive
discipline and termination when needed.
- Ensures compliance with Ross personnel policies and
- Manages Associate Relations issues, consulting with the District
Manager as needed.
- Ensures compliance with all State, Local and Federal
- Leads all expenditures to be within budget.
- Controls payroll hours to plan, as the primary controllable
expense, as well as adjusting to current business trends.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment:
- Maintains adherence to Company safety policies and ensures the
safety of Associates and Customers.
- Ensures all Associates understand and can execute emergency
- Treats all Customers, Associates, and other leaders with
- Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition
- Executes Customer service programs and Merchandise Presentation
programs through Associate training and program supervision.
- Supervises and coaches Retail Associates in providing efficient
and friendly service at the registers, Customer Service desk,
fitting rooms, sales floor, etc.
Personal and Store Brand:
- Leads all Store Associates in, and models, a professional
appearance, in accordance with the Company Dress Code. Reinforces
the Company Dress Code at all times.
- Represents and supports the Company brand at all times.
- Manages Store to ensure a clean, neat, easy to shop
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping with help of contracted
maintenance personnel and Ross Associates.
Merchandise Processing and In-Store Marketing
- Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
- Ensures merchandise is presented and organized according to
Company merchandising guidelines.
- Urgently manages merchandise processing to the sales floor within
the expected Company timeframe.
- Responsible for training Associates on Loss Prevention programs
to achieve Store shortage goals.
- As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
- Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness
Program and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
- Responsible for leading the annual inventory process including
preparation and execution of inventory guidelines.
- Monitors mark-out-of-stock policy to ensure proper
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Five or more years of Store management experience in a retail
- Must maintain a high level of Customer service.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead, manage, motivate and
communicate positively to Store Associates at all levels.
- Ability to train, coach and develop Associates at all levels.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks necessary to accomplish
goals, develop a schedule to complete tasks and execute to achieve
- Fluency in English.
- Must exercise considerable independent judgement and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and
PC as required.
Ability to spend up to 100% of working time standing, walking, and
moving around the Store.
Ability to regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry,
reach, and stoop.
Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25 lbs.
Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders and
other assigned supplies.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used in
Certain assignments may require other qualifications and
Direct supervision of Assistant Store Manager, Area Supervisors and
all Retail Associates.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and
responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be
a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and
responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider
individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills,
abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part
of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a
strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to
complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based
on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry,
physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes
pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related
to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status,
military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status,
medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics),
genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc., Bellevue , Store Manager-Eastside, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!