Executive Sous Chef
Company: Water Grill - Bellevue
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWATER GRILL BELLEVUE IS COMING! Come be a part of
the beautiful new concept and help us in Delivering Great Seafood
to America! For over 25 years, the Water Grill has sated the
palates of seafood lovers in Southern California. Hailed as "the
best seafood in Southern California" by the internationally
recognized Zagat Guide, Water Grill consistently offers dazzling
fish preparations of superior quality and freshness. Here's What
We'll Bring To The Table:
- Competitive Salary: $70,000 - $85,000 based on experience + up
to $12k bonus annually upon completion of training
- Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life
insurance, and Pet Healthcare Savings Account
- 401k with a Match
- Education Reimbursement
- Accrued Vacation and Sick Days
- Dining Discount for you and up to 5 guests Our Executive Sous
Chefs are held at a high standard with clear expectations to be the
leader of the restaurant, the ambassadors of our product and the
executor of our hospitality. As the Executive Sous Chef, you will
be partnered with the Executive Chef and serve as an integral
member of our management team. You will be the expert on kitchen
operations from ordering, to troubleshooting variances, to
developing the line cooks, prep cooks, and dishwashers. You will be
responsible for maintaining our high quality product, the integrity
of our kitchen systems, and the financial well-being of the back of
the house. Once hired, you will be joining a stable company that
has a proven track record of developing successful operators over
the past 35 plus years. You will be fully trained in financial
acumen, quality assurance, daily operations, and leadership. You
will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of operations from
sophisticated operating systems to managing a product centric menu,
to the behind-the-scene process of creating cutting edge restaurant
designs and concepts. Your career path is driven by your own goals
and we are prepared to give you all the tools needed to take you to
any level of leadership you desire. A successful Executive Sous
Chef with us is "standards-driven" and vigilant, showing a
high-level of integrity in their work. They always interact with
crewmembers and Guests in a professional manner and take a positive
approach to resolving issues. Essential Responsibilities:
- Complete opening and closing duties as assigned to set up the
day for success.
- Creating prep lists for all kitchen crew.
- Support the preparation of all food items for meal period and
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned station and service areas.
- Alert Chef as to any deficiencies of food items and/or any
maintenance needs or safety hazards.
- Develop all kitchen crew for cross training and promotion.
- Participate and lead roll out programs to the menu, seasonal
items, and recipe changes.
- Supports the corrective action plans for kitchen.
- Participates in interviews and selection of new kitchen
- Interacts with Guests - table visits, complaints, special
- Participates all kitchen crew meeting.Essential
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- 3 years experience as a sous chef/kitchen manager.
- High school graduate.
- Any formal culinary training.
- Ability to analyze and participate in financial planning.
- Ability to communicate verbal and written English with Guests,
management and co-workers.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all cooking
techniques, which are required to prepare restaurant menu
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of all menu and special
items, their preparation method/time, all ingredients and quality
standards, taste, appearance, texture, temperature, garnish and
method of presentation.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs., 10-20 is typical
- Ability to carry up to 120 feet
- Ability to reach up to 6 feet, 4 is typical
- Ability to work off counter heights of 36 - 42 inches
- Ability to move through 24 inch aisles and spaces as small as
Keywords: Water Grill - Bellevue, Bellevue , Executive Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!