Company: Jo-Ann Stores, LLC
Posted on: September 19, 2022
The Store Manager's responsibility is first and foremost to drive
sales, but they also act as an inspirational leader and role model
for their team. This individual coaches, develops and inspires the
team so everyone is aligned with JOANN's overall mission and
vision. The Store Manager empowers their team and creates a
positive environment, for both customers and team members, which
leads to the achievement of financial goals.
Responsibilities & Competencies
- Develops long-lasting customer relationships by identifying and
anticipating customers' needs.
- Connects with the greater community and acts as a brand
ambassador for JOANN. Motivates, coaches, and inspires the team and
ensures they are the best possible brand ambassadors.
- Stays adept at knowing the product and staying curious on new
merchandise and trends
- Communicates new initiatives, leadership messages, and
- Ensures impeccable execution of operational policies and
- Coaches and inspires the team to drive sales by exceeding
- Builds strategic plans and provides the necessary tools for the
team to achieve KPIs.
- Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight.
Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company
- Continually stays informed on industry trends and seeks out
ways to stay relevant in the marketplace.
- Able to cope with change and shift direction as needed. Drives
sales by continually analyzing reports and identifying trends.
- Creates strategies to achieve both individual and store
- Utilizes the FAST model to consistently deliver sales plan and
- Mentors and inspires the team to enhance the overall store's
- Creates a model for continuous learning while promoting
teamwork and appreciation throughout the team.
- Develops in-store talent by creating succession plans and
effectively managing performance.
- Networks, recruits, hires to staffing needs, and trains team
members using the onboarding tools provided
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including days,
evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficient in the use of computers, including: MS Office
products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), POS and Inventory Management
- Must have the ability to identify and solve complex
- Demonstrate a "customer first" service focus.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills/proficient written and
verbal communication abilities.
- In-depth knowledge of retail financials and the ability to
manage a P&L line-by-line.
- Naturally curious and inquisitive nature with a desire to learn
- Self-starter who promotes action and maintains sense of urgency
to achieve results.
Applicable laws may place restrictions on a Team Members ability to
perform certain work duties listed in this job description. Please
contact your manager if you have any questions regarding the
limitations on the duties you can perform.
- Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break
- Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
- Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
- Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift
- Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
- Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
- Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
- Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
- Bend down and reach above head.
- Climb and descend ladder.
- Individually lift up to 49 pounds, and group lift up to 97
pounds (under 2lb on a constant basis, 10lb on a frequent basis,
10lb-49lb on an occasional basis, and 50lb-97lb group lifts on an
Available to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings,
weekends and holidays
Education & Experience
Minimum - High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum - 2+ years of progressive retail management experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit plans available
- Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term
- Qualified to participate in JOANN's 401(k) Retirement Plan with
an employer % match
- Bonus program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Discount
This position will be located at:
15600 Ne 8th Street Ste H1 Bellevue, WA 98008-3496
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Stores, LLC, Bellevue , Store Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!