Outlet Chef - Winter 23/24
Company: Crystal Mountain
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Please note, this position is located at Crystal Mountain Resort
in Enumclaw, WA
WORK AND PLAY IN THE MOUNTAINS
Join our team of big mountain adventurers at the largest ski resort
in Washington! Here at Crystal, it's more than our work. It's our
passion for the guest experience, the outdoors, and the community
that bring us together at the end of the tree-lined road. We come
from near and far to be up on the mountain because it's an
experience you just don't get anywhere else. Events are always on
the calendar and friends are always down to play. Work in the
beautiful National Forest, neighboring Mt. Rainier, as a premier
Ikon Pass destination with a whole lot of stoke to share.
JUST LIKE THE TREES, WE ARE GROWING! Apply today to grow your
mountain roots with us- whether you are looking to escape the city,
expand your skills, or progress in the ski industry, we have a
variety of roles for hard-working and enthusiastic team-players.
Find your line, join our team!
BIG PEAKS, BIGGER PERKS
- Free Alterra season pass (unlimited, direct to lift at all
- + Free Alterra season pass for spouse and dependents 25 &
- 50% off window ticket price at IKON partner resorts
- Free access to Alterra Mountain destinations during time
- Free ski-referral letters for employees to use at other
mountain resorts during time off
- Discounted friends & family day-ski vouchers (Up to 85%
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Rentals
- Discounts on Gear Tune-Ups
- Discounts on Food & Beverage
- Discounts at Crystal Mountain Retail shops
- Free Crystal branded swag
- Pro deals on gear with 100s of brands
- Discount Marketplace
- Deals on accessories, auto, electronics, entertainment,
fitness, food, home, pet supplies, travel, and more
- Employee-only Night Skiing events
- Employee Housing available, on-mountain and off-mountain
- Accrued paid time off for eligible positions
- Group health insurance for eligible positions
- 401K benefit and generous match with immediate vesting for all
staff members over 21
- Opportunities for growth, advancement, and year-round
- JOB DESCRIPTION -
Position Title: Outlet Chef
Business Unit: Food & Beverage
Position Reports to: Executive Sous Chef, Restaurant Manager
Positions Reporting to this Role: Steward, Expeditor, Cook I, Cook
II, Lead Cook
Wage Range: $24.00 - 28.00 / hour DOE
Location: Crystal Mountain, WA
Job Status: Non-Exempt
The Outlet Chef position is responsible for the supervision of
culinary operations and works to provide the best possible guest
experience within the restaurant. Trains, coaches, and supervises
culinary staff. Assists in maintenance of recipes, recipe costings,
product implementation and delivery. Responsible for the overall
cleanliness and sanitation of facility and the delivery of a high
quality and properly served food & beverage product. Assists in the
maintenance of budgetary guidelines and goals and works to develop
a positive public image of their assigned venue, other culinary
departments, and Crystal Mountain Resort.
Essential Job Functions:
- Arrives on time, clean, in proper uniform including no-slip
shoes and cap, chef coat and apron.
- Clocks in and out according to shift.
- Demonstrates an upbeat, positive attitude and acts and
communicates in a professional manner while ensuring BOH staff is
- Promotes a healthy and efficient environment through work ethic
and staff engagement.
- Oversees and can work all stations in the kitchen.
- Oversees all food orders and requisitions to maintain proper
par levels and costs while providing fresh, quality products,
inspecting all current products for freshness and proper
documentation of any waste in order to maintain budgetary F&B;
- Works with the Chef to ensure proper receiving procedures are
being followed including proper FIFO rotation and dating of all
- Ensures recipes are adhered to and produced consistently and
safely as well as monitoring food portioning, preparation,
presentation, and waste to control costs.
- Organizes kitchen and maintains all Washington State sanitation
and safety policies and documentation to ensure all HACCP policies
and procedures are being followed.
- Responsible for proper scheduling of all kitchen staff to hit
budgetary goals and anticipating business levels and eliminate all
OT while still providing a safe, quality product and service in a
- Coordinates with Executive Sous Chef on all disciplinary
actions with proper documentation, training and guidance in a
positive professional manner.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions or breakage to facilities
using fresh service system to resolve the issue ASAP.
- Assists in preforming all inventories to ensure that all
products are accurately counted and recorded.
- Abides by and upholds overall customer service, kitchen and
food concession service standards and gives support to all kitchen
operations as well as any FOH needs.
- Adheres to all policies, standards, SOP's and training as
directed by the Resort Executive Chef and F&B Director.
- Oversees the daily cleaning of all areas of the kitchen
including all equipment and floors.
- Organize and check rotation, dates and freshness of all food
- College or Culinary Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and experience with ordering,
costing, and accounting for kitchens required.
- Serv Safe certification, or ability to obtain and or WA Food
- At least 3 years' experience in F&B; required.
- Minimum of 1 year in Culinary BOH management, or documentation
of progressive leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays
- Must have Intermediate Skiing/ Riding abilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS- Bullets below are
examples- please customize for specific role.
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends, and
holidays while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of the resort, the responsibilities of this position may change as
may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During these times
of change, this position requires flexibility and willingness to
accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It
will also be the responsibility of any employee of the resort to be
a positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its
associated lines of business.
Crystal Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer Associated
topics: associate manager, department supervisor, director, leader,
manage, manager, manager retail, principal, store manager,
Keywords: Crystal Mountain, Bellevue , Outlet Chef - Winter 23/24, Hospitality & Tourism , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!