Product Manager Technical ( Cloud Security)
Posted on: November 21, 2020
Product Manager Technical ( Cloud Security)Information
Technology137990BRJob DescriptionJoin the next wave of innovation
that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your
intellect, passion, drive and curiosity. We are looking for a great
Technical Product Manager to raise the bar for a high-performing
team that delivers large scale solutions on the cloud. If you are
looking to work on projects that are top organizational priority
for the company, provide compelling end-user experiences and
improve customer satisfaction, look no further!Every product at
T-Mobile is envisioned and created to achieve a specific business
purpose or set of business results. The Product Manager, Technical
is ultimately accountable, responsible, and has ownership of
T-Mobile's internal and external products, platforms, services,
experiences envisioned and created to achieve the specific business
purpose or business results. At a high level this means identifying
the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs (an opportunity),
technical feasibility, business objectives, securing funding, and
leading a cross-functional business and technical team, as well as
key stakeholders to deliver against the opportunity.Functional
GroupProduct and TechnologyTravel PercentageYes, 10% of the
timeResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a Cloud Security Product
Manager with hands on product/program management experience who has
an ability to develop technical recommendations. You will be
leading the Cloud Security Product team focused on analyzing,
designing and developing cloud security capabilities, implementing
COTS security products and operations of these platforms and tools.
You will be managing team's backlog as well as finding innovative
new ways to protect our cloud footprint in the future. You'll use
your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and
support across all our business and technology groups. You'll
deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to
strengthen our strategic roadmap.Vision, Strategy, and Analysis
- Owns product end to end for products or features with moderate
level of complexity and scope. This includes creating, managing,
maintaining, and communicating product vision and roadmap including
technical vision and capabilities.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to
understand current cloud security posture and identify areas of
- Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to
identify product innovation opportunities.
- Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, to support decision
- Works with stakeholders and follows enterprise process to
secure and maintain product funding.
- Develops and maintains current understanding of cloud security
trends. Assesses how trends impact the roadmap or create
opportunity for innovation of the product.
- Product Execution & Technical Delivery
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed
features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately
complex products. This work may include creation of
- Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our
business and technology partners. Backlog at this level typically
serves 1 - 4 Agile / Scrum / Sprint teams.
- Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and
- Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track
product health and success metrics, technical KPI's.
- Conduct Product Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR's) and Steering
- Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of
the software development process, from defining the strategy and
architecture through deployment and support.
- Communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes
educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges.
- Relationship & People, Professional Development
- Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal
networks; participates in professional societies.
- Develops adoption tools and training material.
- Manages development of adoption tools and training materials
for Technical Product Management team.Qualifications
- 3+ years' experience in hands on technical role writing
production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in
large scale company / application / product environment.
- 5+ Experience working with services from public cloud providers
like AWS or Azure.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security fundamentals is preferred.
- Knowledge of 3rd Party tools used to secure Cloud Services
(e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.)-- from various service providers
(e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc.)
- Knowledge of designing and implementing container platforms
like Kubernetes, Docker, and Mesosphere.
- Knowledge of designing and implementing security services for
cloud, tools, and platforms.
- General understanding of data services frameworks
- Management experience in an agile software product development
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology
initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability
to present complex technical information in a clear and concise
manner to a variety of audiences including executives and
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or
- Additional Requirements
- May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the
region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters.
- Must be able to communicate with others effectively through
written communication methods.
- Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with
others effectively through oral communication methods
- This position requires working with a computer
(keyboard/mouse), telephone, and/or calculator; or, other
repetitive use of hands.Company ProfileAs America's Un-carrier,
T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers
and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and
service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE
network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who
are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in
Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through
its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and
Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit
http://www.t-mobile.comEOE StatementWe Take Equal Opportunity
Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will
be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran
status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any
other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these
factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not
be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may
violate federal, state, or local law.Type: Full-time.Type:
Keywords: T-Mobile, Bellevue , Product Manager Technical ( Cloud Security), IT / Software / Systems , Bellevue, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!